ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still got crap radio reception!

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Purchased a replacement aerial base from Cliospares recently (great service!) and did the awkward job of fitting it, hoping that it would cure my signal problems. But no, it's improved by hardly anything. Is it perhaps worth getting myself an aftermarket head unit to see if that could help? Or could there be other factors? I've ensured that everything is connected properly.

A.N. Other
FWIW, i've found the reception in the Clio to be below par compared to other cars, even using the same aftermarket stereo.
I did find a small improvement with one of those little 'type r' style aerials, which I wasn't expecting as they're only short.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
you may well have bought another dud base? I think a brand new 1 isnt too much from renault.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
That's possible Patrick - it didn't appear to look new I remember thinking at the time. Sigh.

JDB

Clio 1.2 16v
I have an aftermarket head unit and still have bad signal. Then again, why listen to the radio when you can plug your ipod in :)