ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stolen 182

A Beautiful R32
That's a good sign, them finding the bag... I hope they get them. Glad that no-one got hurt when they took it though, that's the most important thing. Didn't someone get car jacked at gun point for their 182 in Lincoln?

S

Scott182

Yeah warranty work on 18th of last month i think, Yeah i remember a chap on the news from Lincoln area who had one hijacked.

If it were something special and worth a few quid i could maybe see why this happens but its a 11k clio for christ sake.

Yeah they sound positive about the cctv as every service station is full of them so bound to find something

Last edited by a moderator:
  RenaultSport Megane 225
Just still thinking how they got it. They would have had to have dragged it off, which would have made a bit of noise. They'd also be driving around or have it with a smashed window if they took stuff out the boot. It seems strange that its been taken without keys. Im aware of keys being copied before. Again long shot, but a possibility. Dodgy employee ????

S

Scott182

I have two Alsatians and any noise at all and they would be jumping about but nothing, it was backed up hard against my garrage door so they would have had no room at the back to mess about jacking up etc

The whole thing is very strange.

A Beautiful R32
Scott182 said:
Yeah warranty work on 18th of last month i think, Yeah i remember a chap on the news from Lincoln area who had one hijacked.

If it were something special and worth a few quid i could maybe see why this happens but its a 11k clio for christ sake.

Yeah they sound positive about the cctv as every service station is full of them so bound to find something

If they get CCTV from the services they might be able to track it on the ANPR Cameras, even if they've put a dodgy plate on it... fingers crossed mate. What have the insurance company said so far?

black/gold 182
thats my worst nightmare,, you must be so gutted,, got my fingers crossed that you find it safe and sound,, they seem to have gone to a lot of trouble just for clio 182

S

Scott182

Norwich union have been really good so far, Explained what had happened and gone through the claim with them, told them i needed a car asap as im away for the weekend and they had one delivered.
Told me to tell them of any news from the Police and left it at that.

If its on the back of a wagon somewhere and it's found i'll happily take it back but if its been driven think its a different story but we'll see

Scott

Ad

MK2 FRS
Feel for you mate, remember when mine was taken in december. Still makes my blood boil thinking about it.

I hope they find the car mate, otherwise you will lose you private reg like i have for 12months.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Oh bloody hell, thats awful. I really do feel for you. My car is nothing special but I'd be totally gutted if some thieving git stole it. I am also of the opinion that they must have had a spare key for it, maybe (like said before) the garage where you got it serviced has a dodgy employee.
I know you obviously want it back, but, as you said you are unsure if you'd want it back if it has been driven, I hope your car decides it 'HATES' the thieving b******s and gives them nothing but trouble.
I hope you get some 'good' news of it soon and get it back in one piece. I don't normally wish bad things on anyone, but I hope these arseholes get all the bad luck in the world.
Good luck!

Debz XXXxxx

Where abouts near Doncaster, cos ive been all over the place this morning.

Havent seen it though dude :(

Sorry to hear about this aswell, hope it al gets sorted mate.

A Beautiful R32
Scott182 said:
Norwich union have been really good so far, Explained what had happened and gone through the claim with them, told them i needed a car asap as im away for the weekend and they had one delivered.
Told me to tell them of any news from the Police and left it at that.

If its on the back of a wagon somewhere and it's found i'll happily take it back but if its been driven think its a different story but we'll see

Scott

I think I'd feel the same as you mate, I wouldn't want it back if they'd driven it. It wouldn't feel "right" anymore... TBH, if someone nicked mine, I'd be fuming and I'd hate to think how I'd react if I found someone in the process. But at the end of the day, at least possesions can be replaced. I hope your insurance company sort it out really quickly for you and don't mess you around. It is gutting mate, but I'm just glad no-one got hurt. You hear horror stories these days about cars getting nicked.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Just a quick question. Did the car have much fuel in it? The reason for asking is, if it didn't, it would obviously need re-fueling at some point, (I'm asuming you need a key for the 182 fuel cap) this would mean they would either have to dump it (if driven) or re-fuel, if they re-fuel, they have a key. Just a thought.

S

Scott182

Full to the brim, filled up last night after work thinking it would save me some time this morning....If only you could go back in time and do thing differently!!!

Thieving little f*****s!!!

It makes my blood boil to think that some people have the sheer gall to take something that belongs to someone else. Especially a car! A car that someone adores and takes good care of.
I may only be small but if someone did that to me and they caught them and i had to face them in court or somewhere, id have to be physically restrained! Id rip the little f*****s head off and shove it up his arse!

Feel really bad for you mate, i agree with you on the fact that you wouldnt want it back if it had been driven. You just dont know what the slimey b******s had done with her :dapprove:

Really hope they catch them and you find out how they took her. It would be driving me mad!

Jenn

R26
Really sorry to hear about this mate. Hope you get it sorted asap.

Will keep an eye out down here (Herts/Essex area).....

LY V6 with Recaros
Really sorry to hear this, you must be gutted, I know I'd be totally livid. It really makes my blood boil hearing things like this. Hope you get it all sorted and the car is all ok, but as others have said, at least you wasn't hurt in the process.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
hope it gets recovered unmolested mate. really pisses me off when you work for something and some lo-life shite comes and takes it in an instant.

S

Scott182

Thanks guys an gals i shall keep you informed, hopfully have some news over the weekend about it.
Looking outside and not seeing it there is horrible and feel sick but it could be worst. the people inside the house are more precious to me than the car outside.

have a good w/end guys.

Scott

Ad

MK2 FRS
Scott182 said:
Full to the brim, filled up last night after work thinking it would save me some time this morning....If only you could go back in time and do thing differently!!!

Dont worry mate, it makes little difference. Mine was taken with about 1ltr in it!!! literally. ( i rang every garage within a 5miles radius to see if it had been seen and it hadnt been.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
John185k said:
w*nkers..

.. The new MO for stealing cars is to put a stick with a hook on the end through the letter box and lift the keys from the jacket, table etc...

Johns advice is, never leave keys within reach of the door or window....

Dealt with a guy who had his DB9 and X5 stolen that way, never to be seen again

Thats at least a good few years old mate.

tiTTy & SV650
TheClioLad said:
cos its probably kids wanting a joyride.

what you been smoking?

they'd need a truck or keys to lift it as no keys are missing. obviosuly chav scum joyriders :S

must be the worst feeling in the world waking up go to open the car and bam its gone very strange but could easy be a inside job

AHD

Ford Focus ST
sorry to hear about your car, makes you so angry someone taking your posseseions, hope it brings them bad luck!!!!!

S

Scott182

Re: Stolen 182/ FOUND....

Its been discovered in Kent not sure on the condition of it will find out more tomorrow after the Police have finished with it.

Found outside some kind of salvage yard so can only think it would have been stripped or the id used for a similar car.

Pleased it's been found tho as the claim can go through a lot quicker now.

VRS
glad its been found :)

do u rekon u will keep it tho if its ok? im not sure i would want to, its kinda like its been tainted if you know what i mean

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Perhaps admits is in the same place and there going to clone it or something seems like an inside job to be fair but glad its been found thought but if it was mine im not sure i would want it back.

Yaris Hybrid
This is bad news that it has been found, lets just hope its a write-off as you won't want that back after it has been abused.