ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stolen 182

S

Scott182

It was still locked when it was found, i did ask as to what damage if any there was and all she could tell me was there was some damage to the rear of the car.

Again i'll find out the full extent tomorrow.

S

Scott182

Havent got a clue fella they didnt give me alot of information about it, just that it was locked and had damage to the rear.

Kinda hoping it will be written off and maybe get a trophy.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I'd just be worried they'll take it again or something if you got it back. On the plus side, you might get back any cd's or stuff you may have left in the car.

s2000
Scott182 said:
Havent got a clue fella they didnt give me alot of information about it, just that it was locked and had damage to the rear.

Kinda hoping it will be written off and maybe get a trophy.
Hold on.. if its locked then they must have a key. You taken it anywhere and given anyone the key recently (cloned)?

Also if no alarm went off, the only other is that they (as someone pointed out) used a truck to lift it.

Once a uncle of a friend had a new P1 (a few years ago now), all big and flashy. Anyway he was at work and some jokers came up in a truck (car loader) looked about it, filled in some clip boards and then lifted it and went off.. How do we know, cause the neighborgs saw them do it.. But due to not wanting to be nosy (assumed it was being reposessed) did nothing.. oops. was never seen again (prob on a cargo container to the middle east by the time he relised)

anyways.. glad its on (almost) one piece.

Trophy
might sound like a daft question but have you had it into dodgy private garage or had something fitted where you might have left the keys with somebody else for a few hours...it was a common trick to have customers keys and alarm / immob codes copied although i havent heard of it happening for a good few years now...just a thought?

S

Scott182

The only time it's been into the garrage is for its first service and for a few warranty claims ( Always main dealer) Have never left it with anyone else..

Just hope they can get some prints or something that will give a clue as to who the thieving t***s are

Unless its major damage they wont be writing it off! So then you'll have it fixed and then it will be registered as Stolen & Recovered I guess, so will be worth less when you sell it! :(

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Glad they have found the car, abit of a b*****d that it's damaged. I am inclined to agree on the 'inside job' thing as it was found 'locked'. I hope the damage isn't too bad and can be put right easily. Thieving little s***s!

My car may not be a sport but after hearing about this I'm going to get mine heavily alarmed.

Good luck for when it comes back.

No more clio's for me!
Glad they've found it. But if it was me i wouldn't want it back after its been ragged and driven like sh*te. Hope all works out matey and be very picky with the repairs (if they do) make sure they get it spot on. Otherwise, good luck with the trophy! :D

182 Full Fat
Do you take out the Renault protection insurance (can't rememeber the real name) when you bought the car? This means if you car is written off or stolen. The extra protection insurance will pay the remainder of you cars Invoice value once the insurance co have paid the current maket value for your car. i.e car is worth £8500, the protection will pay another £6000 to take it to £14500approx (what you would have paid for it new)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
nelson182 said:
Do you take out the Renault protection insurance (can't rememeber the real name) when you bought the car? This means if you car is written off or stolen. The extra protection insurance will pay the remainder of you cars Invoice value once the insurance co have paid the current maket value for your car. i.e car is worth £8500, the protection will pay another £6000 to take it to £14500approx (what you would have paid for it new)

you mean gap insurance?

S

Scott182

Where to start...

A small amount of damage to the rear turns out to be......

No Bumpers

Bootlid and bonnet gone

Both front wings missing

Engine & Exhaust system gone

Steel wheels all round

Interior Stripped ( and i mean stripped dashboard steering wheel the lot gone even carpet)

I am Gutted, turns out the police would hold the vehicle upto 28 days aswell for tests etc

She will be written off just got to wait for the police to let the insurance inspector do his job and clarify it is a total loss so that i can get started with pay out etc

I'll put pics up when i get home not a pretty sight tho.

Yes i have got Gap insurance.

182 Full Fat
Thats such a pain mate. Sounds like someone knew what they were looking for just for the parts. I bet they even nicked the front splitter didn't they. Well at least you have GAP insurance so you have had around £6000 worth of motoring for free! Look at it that way! So whats it to be a Trophy or a 197? Oh and I would def look at getting some CCTV for piece of mind! Such w*nkers:mad:

182 Full Fat
DarthCake said:
GAP insurance was superb when my car was written off mate. really feel for you :(

What happened to you again Darthcake? I know you told me the pther week when I met you at Steves. Was it a crash in the wet? :eek:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
so what's the deal with the scrap yard then? Are they in trouble with the Police? Gutting mate, but depends how you look at it, if mine was stolen I wouldn't want it back and would just take the cash and move on.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
think id be relieved its a write off tbh, seems odd they left it on steel wheels though. seen as its essentially just a shell now.

yeah id invest in some cctv to and mount it as high up as possible so they cant break it or whatever if they try again.

the police hopeful on getting some dna from the vehicle?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Renault clio keys are easy to get hold off - sounds to me like somebody has taken your reg and downloaded your chassis number off the net. All you have to do is buy a blank key from a dealer ( 8200067907 £51.05 ) and programme it in - if they know somebody on the inside it is very easy to get an immobiliser code. Blades can be bought anywere and most traders have an account with a company called "key services" all they have to do is again get the key number from a main dealer ( inside contact ) and order one up for a day after delivery. If they had a "clip" mobile diagnostic laptop they could programme the new key within 30 seconds and take your car without any lock damage. Its very easy to do and the way most proffesionals are going.

Personally i would put some internet "parts enquiry" adds on the net asking for the parts you have had pinched in the same colour and see what comes back to you.

S

Scott182

It was found on some waste land from what i gather right outside from a scrap yard (Convenient!!!) May have nothing to do with them tho but i'd take a guess that the owners would have been spoken too about it.

Thankfully i have protected no claims so it wont hurt my insurance costs, Ive only heard good things about Gap insurance easily worth the £650 i paid for it if it all goes well.

Going to wait and see what car's next. maybe the same again.

Lee

BMW M2C
Scott182 said:
It was found on some waste land from what i gather right outside from a scrap yard (Convenient!!!) May have nothing to do with them tho but i'd take a guess that the owners would have been spoken too about it.

Thankfully i have protected no claims so it wont hurt my insurance costs, Ive only heard good things about Gap insurance easily worth the £650 i paid for it if it all goes well.

Sorry to hear all of this. Good to hear it's been found though and that it will speed things up a litttle.

Unfortunately it will effect your insurance. NCB is a percentage off what they would charge you. So now you have a claim they will add that onto your premium, then decuct your NCB.

vx220
Scott182 said:

£650!! I only give £280 ish from memory, for three years cover!
Still gutted for ya mate but id be looking a a trophy or a meggy 225 maybe!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
£350 was all I was quoted when I was offered it. But the sneaky git didn't mention that it was only the finance that would be repaid.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Toypop said:
This is bad news that it has been found, lets just hope its a write-off as you won't want that back after it has been abused.

Why is it bad news? Its bloody good news! If my car had been taken I would be dreading if it wasn't found. I'd be so happy to know it was found and safe.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
nelson182 said:
What happened to you again Darthcake? I know you told me the pther week when I met you at Steves. Was it a crash in the wet? :eek:

Hi bud. Crash in the dry on a blind bend. Car I hit had moments earlier had a head on crash so no chance of saving myself. GAP paid out and was an asset. Was £300 well spent.

S

Scott182

Pretty certain thats what i paid for it, double check when we get back.

After speaking to the insurance company they did say that i would keep my NCB tho i'm sure i will always have a total loss claim against me putting it up slightly when i come to insure a vehicle again