ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stolen Clio 172

The f*****s

sorry to hear about this. my old man had his first CSL stolen, he was in the gym and they broke into his locker..... it makes you sick

at least you got the wrx back, fingers crossed for the clio

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I live in Bracknell, have never seen your car but will keep a look out.

Hope you get it back unscated

Thanks Saner,

the plate was quite distintive, but I guess that may no longer be on the car. 19000 miles and a minter, I even polished it last weekend:-(

Civic Type R at the mo...
Thanks Saner,

the plate was quite distintive, but I guess that may no longer be on the car. 19000 miles and a minter, I even polished it last weekend:-(

Sorry to hear about this mate i know you will have had a lot on your mind but.......being into plates myself for a while now and that one is very noticable how do you go on if the car is not returned do you get the plate back or will it die with that car................

The Plate will come back with or without the car, you can move it to another car or put it on retention (this means the plate is still yourseven though it is not on a car)

We are looking to get a banger in the very near future if the Clio does not show so that we have some means of getting round giving us time to look for a suitable replacement. Boy do you take your wheels for granted:-(

Kerrine

The Plate will come back with or without the car, you can move it to another car or put it on retention (this means the plate is still yourseven though it is not on a car)

We are looking to get a banger in the very near future if the Clio does not show so that we have some means of getting round giving us time to look for a suitable replacement. Boy do you take your wheels for granted:-(

Kerrine

I see mate i know it sounds daft but you must have that much going through your mind i thought i would pose the question.

It's a real shame. Hopefully it will turn up soon. Even still, whether it will be in as good condition is another mater. :(

Good luck!

The Scooby came back today from the Police pound, they charged us £150 to release it! who are the criminals here!:(
Covered in fingerprint powder, man that is hard to shift,endedup polishing the whole car after the Polish car cleaners had had their go at it

Road angel and stereo all in tact though and only a scuffed alloy wheel damage wise

The car was on vapours, another hint there not to keep the car filled up too much

No news on the Clio yet:(

At least you have one back. Will that now be recorded on the car's HPI? Some come selling time, you may loose out a little more?

TTRS & V50
s**t one about the clio.

Finger print dust is c**t to get rid of, had a brand new stolen astra come into our bodyshop for a bit of damage on it, and after we literally had to polish every single bit of it, thats the only way of getting that dust off and it get everywhere.

£150 to get your own car back, that's an outrage.

Hi C.J

no I dont think with will be recorded and we will not be claiming under the insurance (£475excess!) The alarm / lock will not cost that much
The car otherwise was really undamaged as the sods used our keys:(

Had confirmation today that if your car is stolen and not recovered you cannot use your private plate for a year, in case of fraud etc:mad:
Just gets better doesn't it

Had confirmation today that if your car is stolen and not recovered you cannot use your private plate for a year, in case of fraud etc:mad:

Really thats bad!!!!

you do get to put it on a car after that year tho dont you :eek:

^ yeah that hapenned to a guy on here, same sort of thing keys nicked form the house etc. He had a private plate too he had to wait a year to be able to use the reg again.

LY V6 with Recaros
That's crap about the plate. And a bloody cheek that you have to pay £150 to get your own car back!

How does the insurance work with a stolen car, I assume they will pay out for you mate, but what happens if they recover the car?

leon cupra R
Sure they pay out and then if the car is found you get the option of buying it back i believe

more then likely wrong info tho lol

RB Clio 182
This same thing happend to my mate in the reading area he had his focus ST stolen, they broke into his house and took the keys BUT the police found the car 3 weeks later without a mark on it. Plus the guy who had his car left all his CD's in it and expensive sunglasses so he got something back on the theiving little gypos

172 cup
Exactly the same thing happened to me in April of this year. I know how you feel mate, it's a real gut wrencher isn't it?! I feel for you.

On the positive side though, my car was found 10 days later with false plates on only 3 miles from my house. No damage except curbed wheels which my insurance company replaced (inc tyres). It still drives exactly the same as before, guess they didn't rag it because it would have drawn attention to it being a stolen car. And stolen & recovered isn't on the HPi because the insurance company didn't have to pay out for a total loss. At the end of the day I was quite lucky and I really hope you are too.

I sleep with my keys next to my bed and have fitted 2 locks on my bedroom door now though!

Good luck mate, hope everything gets sorted ok

Thanks once again for all the kind words, the insurance have been on to us about the claim already, you have to wait 7 working days and then it goes to the total loss team. Thing is what the book says and what I think it is worth are probably no where near:( I am still hoping to see it again, and as the previous comments have said there is still hope
The Subaru locks / alarm were swapped today - total cost of so far for this break in is £556.28 (Bet their mothers are very proud of them)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Jesus. What next? First they charge you for the Scooby, and now there's the potential issue with the reg plate?

Such a shame that this kind of s**t goes on at all. Combined with the WRX, maybe the 172 made your house a target? Does make you think when you have two decent cars there.

D.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Insurance should pick up the bill for the recovery.

The Police use recovery agents and recovery agents have to get paid. The only alternative to the loser or insurance paying is for the Police ie tax payer to pay.....

Gutted about the car mate, hope it turns up.

Still no news on the Clio, still MIA, the insurance have coughed up so I guess they are not expecting to see her again:-(

We had a letter from the insurance company saying the car was in their salvage yard, but it appears they sent out the wrong letter! talk about playing with your mind

Playing funny games with the DVLA and insurance company over the ownership of the plate (still) dont't really want to loose that as well

clio 182 +cup packs
a local scally burglar from round the corner 2 weeks ago nicked a 3.2 audi A3 from a families house a mile or 2 away , he crept in and stole a laptop and car keys while they were all sleeping, 2 minutes later he hit a roundabout at high speed and decapitated himself....such a waste of a young car...

C63 AMG
Seriously, what the point in invading a person's home, stealing two cars just to dump them in Reading (of all places :D).

Why risk it?...oh yeah; they are worthless scum who ought to spend the rest of their lives in Death Valley.

BMW 320d SE
^^^ We've had sooooo many burglaries in North Hampshire where gangs of car thieves are coming into Hampshire from Reading. They steal the cars, put them on false plates and use them to commit far more serious crimes, such as armed robberies.
They typically choose more high performance vehicles as they know they can escpae the Police if they get spotted.