ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stolen Clio 172

Hi,

some theiving toe rag broke into my house whilst I was sleeping, rummaged around for the keys and took off with my partners wrx and my Clio 172 sport, mobile and handbags also went
The cheeky gits called our house phone from her moby to say both cars were missing from the driveway!
The WRX was dumped around the Reading area, so if you see my silver baby (reg KER 1N) please let me know

I am guessing if I see her again she will need new locks / alarm - any ideas of how much that will cost me?

Kind Regards

Kerribe

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Sorry to hear mate, f*****s!!!, if i see it will let you know, main thing to bare in mind mate is all you & your family are fine, heard a strory where people are getting woken up at knife point for there keys.. cars are getting so hard to steal now days its not just a case of pop the lock

320d
Sorry to hear it mate, its a shame that it had to be your 1st post on here aswell. Stick around anyway mate its a good forum.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch, I feel for you.

Exactly the same happened to me in January - only they broke in during the day when they took my Cup.

Luckily I got mine back undamaged the following day, but using Rentech, I got all locks/keys and control unit replaced for not a great deal more than my insurance excess...the alarm didn't need replacing though.

Thank you to you all for your replies - though I don't like to see how many other people have also had this happen to them. I know it's only a car but a lot of over time and long shifts had to be done to buy it and it's in mint condition and very much loved (saddo).

The Police have been around and taken statements and dusted for prints so we will wait and see what comes back from that - they have been great.

Henry is still Mia but we will keep you posted.

Thanks

Kerrine

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Which area should we be looking in? i know it could be anywhere but it may help. Any pics too becuase the pics could be changed etc.

This has happened far too much and p*sses me off! Feel for you mate :(

330Ci (Fail)Sport
s**t sorry to hear this.

If they dumped the WRX, they'll prob leave the 172 somewhere soon, lets hope so!

Even if you get the keys back, I'd prob still change the key blade.

LY V6 with Recaros
Sorry to hear that, there's so many stories like this about right now, it's so scary :( Complete scumbags out there, I hope you get her back. I'll keep an eye out, it's a easily recognisable reg so I wouldn't miss it!

That's terrible news.

What area do you live in, may give us an idea where to keep an eye out.

Sorry to hear mate, f**kers!!!, if i see it will let you know, main thing to bare in mind mate is all you & your family are fine, heard a strory where people are getting woken up at knife point for there keys.. cars are getting so hard to steal now days its not just a case of pop the lock

My house got broken into 2 years back and my dad was woken up at knife point but he fainted. They must of thought he had a heart attack or some thing so ran. So now my keys are in a very open place so if someone was trying to rob me you would see them right away. Cars mean nothing to me my life's important :)

Last edited:
The WRX was found in Woodley (near Reading) as this had a tracker fitted it was only gone for a couple of hours. We are hoping the Clio is somewhere near, as soon as we are mobile we will try and have a scout around

Many thanks for all the Kind Words

Kerrine

C

clvs2222

gutted for you mate. maybe you should fit a tracker into the clio now if and when you get it back.

E30 318iS x2
Trackers are a tad expensive for a clio imo. We have insurance for a reason, terrible shame your car got stolen, but at least they didn't go looking for more upstairs aye.

Where are you based?

09 GIXXER 750!!!
I will keep a look out in the windsor area Is there anything else on the car that makes it stand out just in case they change the plates?

Hi,

we are based in Bracknell, the car is bulk standard, it has a Yozza sport exhaust but that cannot easily be seen from outside. There is a missing washer jet ball on the front bumper, and the parcel shelf is missing (as we have it in our dining room after going to the tip earlier in the day)

Kerrine

1.2 16valve sport
sorry to hear about this.

I know of someone who was sitting in there imported scooby, a theif dragged him out at knife point and drove off down the road in the scooby which was running on turbo timer (had no steering lock and abs) the guy go halfway down the road and it cut out. lol

Dont put your keys within reach of the letterbox opening, some people will fish keys through it but wont break into the house.

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo

I know of someone who was sitting in there imported scooby, a theif dragged him out at knife point and drove off down the road in the scooby which was running on turbo timer (had no steering lock and abs) the guy go halfway down the road and it cut out. lol

Dont put your keys within reach of the letterbox opening, some people will fish keys through it but wont break into the house.

LMAO :lolup::lolup:

Thank god for turbo timers, i'd have gone down and beat the cnut to death thinking he was a hard man.

Bet it was funny to watch though hahaha. This has made me chuckle. :D:D

1.2 16valve sport

Thank god for turbo timers, i'd have gone down and beat the cnut to death thinking he was a hard man.

Ye i would have n all, but this boy is a wimp. he had just come out of shop got in it and went to put keys in ignition i think, so still had them on him. Apprently he gave the keys to his mate to get it because he was scared the theif might come back

Stagecoach Ticket
Bad news :( same happend to my mates 1 series bmw he lost his plate for a year couldent re register it due to police cams etc hope same does not happen to you.

good luck getting them back

Stagecoach Ticket
Just make sure you reported everything to the police in full, just try and make a list of what was in the car. My mates insurance even refunded his golf clubs which where in the boot and they took his word for it.

We had cleared most of the stuff out as we had to run to the tip in the afternoon with the garden rubish
I even have the parcel shelf sitting in my dining room reminding me what is missing from the driveway:mad:

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo

Ye i would have n all, but this boy is a wimp. he had just come out of shop got in it and went to put keys in ignition i think, so still had them on him. Apprently he gave the keys to his mate to get it because he was scared the theif might come back

Hahahaha, thats even more funny!!!! i bet he carries a bat with him now though don't he. I would if that happened to me. :D

Racing blue 182
hope you get it back :(

tbh though if my clio got stolen i wouldnt want it back, they will have ragged the fcuk out of it and done god knows what else to it!

BMW 320d SE
I did see a 172 Cup in Reading today, but it was going the other way so couldn't see the reg, and anyhow the driver waved, so I don't reckon it would be yours.