ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOP light flashes randomly

Yozza'd RB 182 Cup
I've noticed that recently my STOP light flashes randomly whilst I'm driving, doesn't do it so much when I'm doing 0-30mph but on the motorway when I'm at a constant speed it seems to happen a lot. 2004 1.2 Dynamique if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Whatever it is, you need to figure it our before driving too much more in case it's serious!

Arctic Blue 182
Is it just the stop light? I know that if the stop, hand break and another light start coming on intermittently its because of low break fluid.

Could be low brake fluid, and the cause for that would be brake pads are low. Don't just too up the fluid if it's low check the brake pad material on the front pads.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yep as above, check levels. Also check the abs rings are ok on the driveshaft. We had a customer with this issue although the serv light came on too.

Yozza'd RB 182 Cup
Checked the brake fluid level and it seems fine - plenty left! I've only recently had brake disks and pads replaced (last month) so they are fine, could it just be a loose connection somewhere?

Edit: It's just the stop light, by the way.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Check the thick red cable going to it first, if it has a bad crimp on it or loose, it will detect faulty charging and the light flash up... Might be a cheaper fix.