ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stop raining!

Recaro'd 182
Unfortunatly i do not own a garage to wax my car in ,so until then i will have to wait until it stops spitting!!!!
I want to try my new Onyx wax :) Hoping that the reviews on here of it will be confirmed once i finally get chance to use it.

Until then i think i will have to read every new post on this forum!

Mito Sportiva 135
As long as your paint is well polished and cleaned, the Onyx will be brilliant.

If not, don't expect miracles, the wax is the final stage in a long process, especially with a black car.

Onyx is the nuts though if your preparation is good.

i know what you mean!!!!.......went up to my work this morning, spent 6hrs,washing,claying,udm`ing,waxing etc, then went to go home and it was pishing rain!!!!!! F**KER:S

Mito Sportiva 135
At least the paint will be well protected, so will be easier and quicker to clean next time.

Getting a car dirty is always going to happen, well unless your name is Rich maybe ;)

106 GTi
Cheeky boy - just been out and rubbed a coat of Mystery on mine, can't remember the last time it was waxed !

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha I jest I jest. You warmed to the Mystery a bit more now, you were a bit disappointed with it when you got it?

R53 Cooper S
QUICK EVEREBODY IN,IT'S SPITTING!!!
peterkay-large.jpg

BMW E92/Audi S3
Unfortunatly i do not own a garage to wax my car in ,so until then i will have to wait until it stops spitting!!!!
I want to try my new Onyx wax :) Hoping that the reviews on here of it will be confirmed once i finally get chance to use it.

Until then i think i will have to read every new post on this forum!

You stop raining

106 GTi
Haha I jest I jest. You warmed to the Mystery a bit more now, you were a bit disappointed with it when you got it?

Only the second time I have used, was coldish today which meant it was even harder to spread. Wiped of easier but the weather was so dull and crap I do not know how many bits I missed lol, and unless I get a get a sunny day will not know if it has hologrammed to hell again. Gave it a good wipe down with some Zymol Field Glaze after so fingers crossed. Went for the Mystery as I wanted something durable on there to see me through the winter without having to do any other prep more than wipe some wax on !

DW reports make out one layer should give 3 months protection so we will see ...

Mito Sportiva 135
Durability...should have gone with the 476s/ Onyx route mate! Although I did go a bit mad and use about 5 products underneath them. Seems to have worked well though, I am pretty sure it would survive a nuclear attack!

106 GTi
Not got an 476 - Meg #16 used to be my winter wax choice. I only had an hour or so this afternoon so it had to be one coat for looks and protection, 16 was not an option as to get that on thin the PC would have had to come out and it does not look that great.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah, Collinites can be hard to do thinly. And a bugger to get off in the cold, seems to bond like concrete! Bloody love the stuff though. Is the Collinite Marque D'Elegance wax as durable do you know at all, or meant to look better?

106 GTi
All the Collinites are meant to be the Daddys of Durability, not sure on the differences between them all. Megs 16 was always rated as a good second to them.

DW world reports of BOS and Mystery in the real ( non Rich ;) ) world are talking about 3/4 months so they must be close to. I applied Saphir to a mates Mustang and that is holding up bloody well for one coat over a Cleaner Fluid base.

I have left some panels untouched as Matt is sorting some Dodo's for me to test. So they are ready for that.

Mito Sportiva 135
The new Dodo hard waxes are meant to be good, was looking at the one for darker cars for when the 476s runs out, but think it will be hard to beat.

Want to do another review once you have tried it lol?!

(I might need to pay a subscription fee to Treen Enterprises lol)

106 GTi
Matt was sorting some samples of the Purple Haze (soft) and the Blue Velvet (hard) so expect a review when I have tried hem.

My tests are all independant and free ! lol

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah blue Velvet was the one I was looking at...seen some good reviews, but always take them with a pinch of salt, seems to be a lot of people buying the range that have never used wax before so they don't have much to compare them to.

All reviews much appreciated - I always try to rate products I have used, over time you definitely start to notice the pros and cons of each product more and more. Very rarely is one product better to a competitors in every way, and also depends on who is using it, their needs and preferences. I swear that how something smells affects how much I like it too...they just need a brand that uses pictures of naked women on their bottles and have some names like "Ultra Mega Sealant XT 5000"!

Recaro'd 182
The weather is good today so going to give it ago.

I have the swissvax onyx starter kit.

Was going to do this order if this right?
Wash two bucket mthrod
clay
wash
Dry
swissvax paint cleaner
polish
seal
wax

Is that the right order? or does swissvax paint cleaner have to be done instead of polish :s

106 GTi
Swisswax Cleaner Fluid should go after polish (or can replace/be used instead the polish on swirl free paint- what you planning to use polish wise?) then be topped with the Onyx.

If your going to use a sealant I would not bother with the Swissvax paint cleaner and Polish, Seal and then Wax.