ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Storm + Car = Dents and Swearing

kjf

RSC172 ph2
Well I havn't posted up my car before, I was going to today, take some pictures and post it up.

Unfortunately, on the way home lastnight I was caught in a storm. Well, enough with the story.

If I was going any slower, the branch (which was bloody big) would have gone through the windscreen, or at least cracked it.

IMG_3058.jpg

No blinker, came off somehow. Cracked wheel-arch, too.

karl_pics

Ariel (or is it arial?) was bent and touching the roof, i tried to bend it back and the thing just snapped off. Dents in the back, too.

IMG_3061.jpg

Crack in the plastic. I can't prop the bonnet up, otherwise it will crack off or crack more. I have to hold it up.

IMG_3067.jpg

And here's the bonnet, same place as the crack above.

IMG_3068.jpg

KJF

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
Gutted for you mate. In weird places too. :(
I was thinking it might have been better if it went through your windscreen (obv not hit you lol) but it might have been cheaper/easier to repair than the roof. Perhaps im wrong cos the solar screens cost a few quid.

anyway, sorry to hear dude.

kjf

RSC172 ph2
Heh, i'm happy with it hitting the roof, don't want to be shocked out of driving:eek:

well im not happy at all, im pretty devvo haha.

ah well, insurance will cover it.

f**ked ph1 172
How come that would be a write off over here?

New roof panel
Labour
Bonnet
wing
paint
labour to remove fit and align
paint work to both front wings, bumper, door, top of the doors, rear 1/4's, spoiler
Removal of interior to fit new roof. gawd knows how much a roof panel actually is!

will total well over 3k.

kjf

RSC172 ph2
New roof panel
Labour
Bonnet
wing
paint
labour to remove fit and align
paint work to both front wings, bumper, door, top of the doors, rear 1/4's, spoiler
Removal of interior to fit new roof. gawd knows how much a roof panel actually is!

will total well over 3k.

And what constitutes as "written off"
Is there amount? Like if repairs are expected to be 3k+?

and thanks for all the kind words everyone, she'll be sorted out soon hopefully!
then i'll post up some real pictures!

Are you in the Queensland? Heard there was a cyclonic storm in the area over the weekend!

You're not alone in regards to a damaged car!!!!

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Second hand wing, second hand bonnet, pop dents out of roof if your lucky, well the back ones for sure, the front look bad, but id ask as dent guy (one of the mobile ones) shouldnt be to expensive, certainly easier than 3k.

Do insurance pay out for this kind of damage when it wasnt caused by anything other than an act of nature?

I'm thinking those dents in the front of the roof aren't coming out?

Do you have PDR (paintless dent removal) companies over there? We have ones called chips away and dent devils etc. They could let you know.

f**ked ph1 172
And what constitutes as "written off"
Is there amount? Like if repairs are expected to be 3k+?

and thanks for all the kind words everyone, she'll be sorted out soon hopefully!
then i'll post up some real pictures!

65% of the cars value.

People on here are too quick to jump to the conclusion that everythings a write off.

That dent in the bonnet is easily repairable, no need for a new panel.

Hope you get things sorted soon!