ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange Exhaust Problem

don't
mates 172

He has a magnex exhaust, the join from centre to backbox keeps undoing and blowing

however thats not the main problem

he gets a terrible rattle from near the front of the cat area, or under gearstick area, its a rattle, knocking

when the cars gone past 4000 revs it doesnt really make the noise

and with the front wheels off the ground, when revved it doesnt rattle, just when the wheels are on the ground

what could it be

engine mounts?
cat springs?

opinions?

Lots of Alfas
mates 172

He has a magnex exhaust, the join from centre to backbox keeps undoing and blowing

No idea about the main problem but that^ is because its the systems weak spot, that part is under a lot of stress. Get them to put in another mount to strengthen it from the back of the wheel well.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
mine's been doing that 2, i was just gona replace it with a De-cat system, but now i kno what the problems is il replace it myself .. thanks Davebem

182 inside
problem lies with the way the system joins i guess. I would contact magnex to see if this is a common fault with their systems. secondly the rattle after 4k could be 1 of 3 things. cat internals are coming loose, mid section internals loose or heatshield under car is rubbing/touching something causing the vibration/noise.

hope this helps.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
with wheels on ground try n pull the engine back and forth, to see if u can hear banging (engine mounts) i did this and found my mouths are knackered under battery, also my computer bracket thing has snapped, and the metal bracket was scraping on the chassis making a rattling noise

Clio 182 FF
My car has a rattle near the exhaust at 3000 revs, i think its the heat guard above the exhaust where the bolts have worn threw causing it to become loose.
Does anybody know if the guard can be removed at all.

Clio 182 FF
Taken mine into quick fit, they are saying the part after the cat has broken inside causing a rattle, they say i need new exhaust from cat back, on a 182 with twin exhausts, i need a lye down i think.:eek: