ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange knock/clonk

Hi there,

recently new to the 172 world, had a number of other cars in the past (vr6, audi s3, bmw m3). Bought the 172 due to the fact it makes me smile and handles so bloody well. Its an incredibly clean 51 plate black 172, no dents and seems fairly straight, dealer history etc.

However, when going over speed bumps there is a slight creak/knock from the front left hand side, and also a knock when reversing and turning steering wheel left. This to me sounds like bush or CV joint? any ideas people?

Thanks

Martin

Da

Less
My guess would be balljoints, my 182 used to do it when moving forwards at a particular angle up a hill.

Welcome to the forum too :)

PH1 V6
I would also say balljoints! I had this on my last 172 and at first i thought it was the common top mount problem but well worth checking ball joint first!