ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripping out ph2 172

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
After some vandals keyed every panel on my totally standard blue 172 and then the cambelt snapped a week later, i decided to splash out and get it full housed in white while i have the engine out, and add a few other nice bits i have lying about.

Anyway, it goes in next friday for paint and i told my mate whos painting it i would strip out the interior etc. Im just struggling a bit with a few things:

1.) How do the rear seat backs comeout? I see they are just clipped in at each side and i can see a centre bolt in the middle of them but i cant work out how to get my torx bit in...theres just no room??

2.) Ive removed all the torx bits from the bottom of the door cards, popped off the handle, popped off the door pull and removed the speaker. I think its just on with clips now but it still feels solid?? Is it just a case of working around the doorcard trying to ease it off, just it seems solid and i cant do with breaking it!

Cheers for your time :)

53 Clio's & counting
i can answer the door card one mate,the trim that runs up the door has to come off too,and iirc there is a screw behind the handle,the door card comes off by pulling it up,as the inner window rubber will come off too,and mine felt like it was welded on lol,lots of pulling/tugging/swearing

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
door panel are stuck on with like blue tac stuff very hard to get off, the rear seats fold them forward there is a plastic bar take that off then the metal bar underneath i think the bolts will be very tight

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
Yeah i saw them bolts under the plastic bu tthey were tight as hell. My ickle ratchet i have at home was no match for them, will get a bigger one from my workshop tomorrow i think!

Hopefully finish getting the interior and bumpers off tomorrow. Then engine out tuesday night. Oh the fun