ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

struggling to start in the morning. video included

2002 clio 172
I haven't watched the video as I'm at work but it may be the crank sensor as I had similar issues.

had crank sensor done about 2 months ago mate. also had new battery not long ago. its trying to start and if i keep the key turned, it does start. just doesnt catch straight away.

172 Ph1
Check the fuel pump relay .
If it has a poor contact , it will cause the fuel pressure to be reduced and cause what you are experiencing .

2002 clio 172
Check the fuel pump relay .
If it has a poor contact , it will cause the fuel pressure to be reduced and cause what you are experiencing .

Found it mate. The box looked like it had come out a tiny bit. Took it off and checked the connections, they looked clean so put it back and see what happens in the morning. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your help.

172 Ph1
My mate suggested that. Will give that a go too. So you don't think the problem is anything too serious? It always drives fine.

If it were serious it wouldn't start at all lol.
Might even be a slow pump running first thing and once it starts it's fine .
Does it only do it once ? And in the morning ?