ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Brace & Camber Bolts Fitted

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Finally got round to fitting my polished stainless steel Momo Strut Brace today. Attemted at the weekend but the self tappng fittings were pants, so decided to get some stainless fittings and bolt it on.
Had to remove the struts to do this, but this was an ideal time to fit my H&R Camber Bolts too.
X2.gif

X4.gif

Once fitted.....
X3.gif

I have some polished Strut Top Covers, but once again the magnets have broken loose when removing them today:dapprove:

Anyway thats the engine bay finished as far as I am concerned.

It was then a good time to fit my H&R Camber Bolts when re-fitting the struts. Having had my FK Coilovers set at -1 degree of neg camber, I soon realised that my new Koni kit was running even more neg camber. Possibly as much as -2 degree which I thought was too much.
Having lined the bolts up with the originals and pinched the lower, I replaced the top bolts with the H&R, centre dots lined up to the n/s. I then rotated them 1 flat of the bolt and moved the hub over to take up the play and then fasten them up.
Once finished, they appear to be nearer to stock, hopefully -1 degree. A quick test drive appears posative and they will need checking soon to confirm settings are correct. Compared to pre-fitting of the bolts the car feel a lot more responsive now, with more feel and sharpness.
X5.gif

X1.gif

very well keep clean mate, looks gd keep it up

where did you get your braided lines from? also how much :p

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
very well keep clean mate, looks gd keep it up

where did you get your braided lines from? also how much :p

Group buy on Cliosport.....last year. £48 inc stainless end fittings. RiceRocket...a trader on here iirc.

Expert HDI & R53
Looks nice mate, i just bought the same one last week ;)

Only thing i was not keen about is the way it sits on the inner wings (not flush)

Last edited:
  TVR Cerbera
Same brace as mine, but from k-tec. and i did the same with the bolts too after the self tappers pulled out!

where did you get the h&r bolts from and how much? do they make the handling any better / stop inside shoulder tyre wear on a lowered RS?

Daz

182-racing-blue

My god. Love it, Do you have to put sunglasses on to check your oil and water??? Is that a modified glitter ball you're using as induction?

Good work!!

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Looks nice mate, i just bought the same one last week ;)

Only thing i was not keen about is the way it sits on the inner wings (not flush)

I know what you mean, it's exactly the same on the OMP model, probably universal deign or something like that.

Same brace as mine, but from k-tec. and i did the same with the bolts too after the self tappers pulled out!

where did you get the h&r bolts from and how much? do they make the handling any better / stop inside shoulder tyre wear on a lowered RS?

Daz

I believe the MOMO & K-tec are the same. Got the H&R bolts of CS, you just missed a new set that 'Scweppy' was selling. There around the £40 mark but I believe(k-tec sell them) you can get other makes cheaper, £25 iirc. Having the Koni Struts I got the destinct impression i had too much neg camber and the steering was a bit vague. It feels a lot sharper now. Looking down the line of the car there is still neg camber but not to the degree it had before. Opinion seems to suggest -1 to -1.5 degree for fast road and ocassional track days iirc.

My god. Love it, Do you have to put sunglasses on to check your oil and water??? Is that a modified glitter ball you're using as induction?

Good work!!

Just a trust old Hill Power IK, uses same ali as heat shied.

Thanks for all the + comments ;)