ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Braces...Worth buying???

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've got one fitted to the rear of mine and i can't say i noticed a difference. I never bothered fitting my front one its just sat in my spare room.

Morning guys,

Anyone fitted Front and rear strut braces to a 182? If so any real difference in handling..Is it worth it?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2569

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2035

or:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390106306295&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Steve.

Nope

Waste of money mate as the car is already stiff enough.

If the car feels sloppy check your tyre pressures or it could be your on budget rubber?

It might be worth getting a full suspension geometry check done too if it feels a bit off.

:)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Ive got an OMP brace in the back of my 172 and I noticed a difference straight away, but it does depend on what suspention setup your using.

The rear ones don't brace the chasis they just stop the rear shocks from moving about.

The rubbers at the top of them are quite soft on standard dampers.

I'm on standard dampers with eibach proline springs
With out the brace the back of the car feels sloppy.

It also depends on how you drive your car,
if you pootle around like Miss Daisy you wont notice any difference.

Clio 182 FF
Thanks for the update, I have to say I'm not 100% sold on the idea from the feedback so far. The car has Cup suspension set up at the moment, (I only picked it up Saturday). So am looking for some worth while mods. I know from experience on my old Focus the Front top Strut did make a difference, but as some of you say the set up is well balanced already.
Tyre pressure etc is all fine and its running on Toyo's so relativly good tyres.

Slight change of question...but any essential mods?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the update, I have to say I'm not 100% sold on the idea from the feedback so far. The car has Cup suspension set up at the moment, (I only picked it up Saturday). So am looking for some worth while mods. I know from experience on my old Focus the Front top Strut did make a difference, but as some of you say the set up is well balanced already.
Tyre pressure etc is all fine and its running on Toyo's so relativly good tyres.

Slight change of question...but any essential mods?

Braided steel brake lines!

You might want to look in to getting a 2.5" SS exhaust awell,
a mate of mine had a 182cup and a zorst and remap changed the car
completely, but these are expensive mods.

audi a6 3.0tdi
It'll handle better on michelin exalto pe2s or goodyear eagle f1s. i personally prefer the f1s as they give you more of an idea whats going on. My mate had toyos on his 172 and it used to just slip and slide everywhere.

eibach springs are a good cheap upgrade too.