ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stud conversion?

Cossie, 182FF, A3
Not used them but looking at kits myself as intending a set for my 182 and did see these.

Sure they are fine but might be worth checking out JJC race and rally as they are a bit cheaper, free postage and I have always had great service.

clio 182
Not used them but looking at kits myself as intending a set for my 182 and did see these.

Sure they are fine but might be worth checking out JJC race and rally as they are a bit cheaper, free postage and I have always had great service.

I have found someone on here who has been using some off eBay and said they have had no issues...
198c819b06702cb2ea2b7006f3b69d99.jpg

and then I would buy these as well, because I want the bolt sticking out from the alloy also just for aesthetics...
adfa37a1f880561885b414aa32595385.jpg

FF Clio 182
Get some Loctite 271 for them. On the rear I have Hub spacers. Going to be running 5mm spacers in the rear. Ordered 20mm bolt to hub spacers for the front and studs go into that

clio 182
sorry I'm in work, take it you sorted it! I haven't seen any clios with the studs sticking out the wheels but I have seen it in a Mini Cooper and I like the thought of it so I'm going for these

clio 182
got a pic please? [emoji4] I wasn't saying there isn't any just that I hadn't seen any! there's a lot of different once on eBay just search "long wheel nut black"

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I had the ones from M.A.P.S ages ago, I brought the set for a BMW with 10 at 75mm long and 10 at 82mm long iirc and the 82mm long ones will take a 16mm spacer.
Just use some loctite 271 to fix them in
wheelstud7_zps4d49b6f0.jpg

on the rear wheel
wheelstudrear_zpsaf6a77a0.jpg

on the front wheel with 16mm spacer
wheelstud2_zps1bc6b030.jpg

on the car with no spacers
photo46_zps2398a7a0.jpg

clio 182
I had the ones from M.A.P.S ages ago, I brought the set for a BMW with 10 at 75mm long and 10 at 82mm long iirc and the 82mm long ones will take a 16mm spacer.

on the rear wheel

photo46_zps2398a7a0.jpg

so the rear has no spacer and has about 30mm sticking out after the nut? cheers for the pics

Track 172 Cup
Anyone bought these yet thinking about them for my track car but just worried as they hold my wheels on don't fancy skimping lol was going to order a set from Pure motor sport or somewhere like that

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone bought these yet thinking about them for my track car but just worried as they hold my wheels on don't fancy skimping lol was going to order a set from Pure motor sport or somewhere like that

Thats what I use on my track car, they are high tensile steel bolts with steel nuts the same as pure motorsport but half the price, they also look identical to the PMS ones.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
perfect so I think I will get 20x75mm in length, and then I will space my wheels 10mm all around and use long nuts and hopefully that should look the dogs [emoji6] thanks a lot for the pics and help!!!

Just be careful with the long nuts as they are only aluminium and if they are made in China they may not be very good, also iirc they are about 50mm long so they will stick outside the wheel so it will not pass a MOT.

clio 182
Just be careful with the long nuts as they are only aluminium and if they are made in China they may not be very good, also iirc they are about 50mm long so they will stick outside the wheel so it will not pass a MOT.
I'm trying to find some that aren't cheap! rather pay more for better quality ones! and I'm sure I know someone who would pass them, along with my decat [emoji6]

FF Clio 182

on the rear wheel

photo46_zps2398a7a0.jpg

If you use 271 can it be easily disassembled ?