ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid HD Upscaling question...:)

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Just a quick one;

You can buy hdmi upscalers...you put a normal dvd in, it upscales it to 1080i/p whatever.

I presume they haven't built upscalers into TV's for a reason? I presume its extremly hard to upscale "live" digital tv?

But my real question;

Is there no software available for the PC that will upscale DVD's...surely its not the hardware thats the big deal...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Are you sure?? ^^^^

I have one...i've always heard the myth of them upscaling but didn't think it was true?

TeZ

Non RS : (
Well i guess it will depend on your monitor B3nje?? im not 100% on this.

Black-Gold 182
Was that to me or the other fella?

360s do it as standard - if you have configured your 360 to output to hi-def of course (composite leads)

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Yus...composite and its on my 1080i samsung tv...so is this upscaling then?

yes 360 upscales everything

pc's are always upscaled by the nature of them

tv's do include scalers they scale everything too

A4 Avant
Component, vga and hdmi are the connections for HD from an Xbox 360. Composite is the worst connection method, apart from an aerial.

b3nje, have a look over on avforums, theres loads on there about upscaling and whats good and whats not.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Component is honestly the worse?

Really...would i see a noticable difference if i was to buy a VGA cable?

Black-Gold 182
Component, vga and hdmi are the connections for HD from an Xbox 360. Composite is the worst connection method, apart from an aerial.

b3nje, have a look over on avforums, theres loads on there about upscaling and whats good and whats not.

Apologies - I mean component! Composite would just give standard res.

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
could someone clarify, a pc playing a DVD (with Cineplayer or something) through a VGA lead to a HD TV, is upscaling it just the same as a upscaling dvd player does? (its resolution is set at 1366 x 768)

could someone clarify, a pc playing a DVD (with Cineplayer or something) through a VGA lead to a HD TV, is upscaling it just the same as a upscaling dvd player does? (its resolution is set at 1366 x 768)

yup but some software does it better than others