ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupidly loud Ktec stealth

Megane R26
So looks like 2.25inch maybe the answer.I might change the centre section to that size if i can,but then the rear box is still 2.5inch,but would be a start.
The difference in noise and pitch is great. I was thus close to selling the system.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
98 static I assume?

It’s not quite lol. Loudest I had was 103/104 but that’s a Big ish jump from 98.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah yeah just re read the posts.

Me personally would either get a custom 2.25 made up. Or pay more and get the pms.

There were two of the latter for sale, not sure if they were sold

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Good stuff.

Ktec is expensive and a bit crap tbh.

Although I had a recessed, unsilenced with decat and it sounded decent. Track hero though. Ish.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I have a ktec stealth on my 172 Cup, I can't say I'm a fan of it at the moment.

I had a custom 2.5" on my old ph1 and that sounded miles better.

The ktec is quite tin sounding.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds nice on tick over & just driving about,just that boomey noise on long runs!!:confounded:

So will get a quote from Pipecraft on a 2.25 system and sell the ktec on

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
If you silence it. It will make a huge difference

Ive got a Ktec Recessed Supersport decatted and it's mega loud. It don't bother me to much but it's hugely boomy sitting at 70-80

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
If you silence it. It will make a huge difference

Ive got a Ktec Recessed Supersport decatted and it's mega loud. It don't bother me to much but it's hugely boomy sitting at 70-80

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Its is mate its the one with a centre box but its 2.5inch so im guessing thats why its boomey at them speeds.

Megane R26
lvc4jwhn.jpg

qm4q4l6m.jpg

Using an oe 182 surround for now until I have time to fit the PMS carbon jobbie.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Same with mine,mine is a 2.5 stealth with a tailpipe welded on.

Ktec said they can do me a 2.25 quiet centre section for £120+vat

But i still think i will get a custom system made up in 2.25inch with same tailpipe i have now & sell the system i have now on.

monaco 172
I'm doing that! How much would a welder charge to sort do it?

Assuming it's not a massive job for an experienced welder.

Cutting the bumper worries me though!

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I'm doing that! How much would a welder charge to sort do it?

Assuming it's not a massive job for an experienced welder.

Cutting the bumper worries me though!

I just went to a custom exhaust unit near to me & asked him & he just wanted an hours labour.So will be going to him again soon,maybe next week to get a price on a full system.

To be honest, I like "stealth" way more. That Orbisoud silencer was way too loud so got rid of it and got a k-tec stealth with mid silencer instead.

Recessed on a phase 1 doesn't look great imho. Looks fantastic on a phase 2. Also fixes the stupid drone.

Megane R26
To be honest, I like "stealth" way more. That Orbisoud silencer was way too loud so got rid of it and got a k-tec stealth with mid silencer instead.

Recessed on a phase 1 doesn't look great imho. Looks fantastic on a phase 2. Also fixes the stupid drone.
Simply did it to get rid of that drone, I have never been in or owned a car that loud and I've had some stupid ones including a v10 R8 and a straight piped b18c Civic.

Way better now!

monaco 172
My only worry is getting the cut out right for the 182 trim.

My stealth isn't stealth anyway the pipe sits out about half inch whatever I do so would prefer the recessed look even if it sounds no better

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a quote back from EMP Performance and they want £500 for a cat back system in 2.25inch single exit tailpipe that has lifetime guarantee!.got one more place to get a price from yet that its Pipe Craft in Basildon.