ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stu's Awesome Ph1 172

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
looking clean stuuu. mick btw

Bloody lovely Stu!

Cheers guys :cool:

Not done too much lately, was at the renault sport trackday a few weeks ago and 3 hrs track time at fcs and its certainly addictive! So just been enjoying it really. Have my sparcos from my old clio in and some borrowed harnesses. and a few bits and bobs not really worth an update lol. Heres the 2 recent purchases though, waiting to be fitted :D

Cobra monaco pro's and luke harnesses. got for a very good price!

IMGP2638.jpg

AST solid top mounts

IMGP2639.jpg

got some valver wheels and a new front bumper on the way too! and hopefully a few more tasty updates soon :cool:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Those sparcos up for sale?

Cars coming along nicely :D

Cheers dude :cool: and Not yet, gonna run these for a bit and sell what ones i prefer.

Looks most excellent stuart :) :) :)

but why didn't you come up town last night?!?!

Wanted to wake up today feeling fresh as a daisy and still have some money :rasp:

Cause it's full of wee boys that think dain stunts are cool. (they're not)

LOL

Love the car bud

Cheers mate :)

oh hai red ph1 on orange 928's creeping in!

I miss that wee thing :( haha

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
alright stu, never got a chance to talk to you at fcs spoke to whiskerz tho, was actually near your car on the pit straight for parade lap, when everyone was queuing up, anyway your cars coming along long quite nicely, where did u put all your camping gear when you went to go on track was there like a lock up or something?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
alright stu, never got a chance to talk to you at fcs spoke to whiskerz tho, was actually near your car on the pit straight for parade lap, when everyone was queuing up, anyway your cars coming along long quite nicely, where did u put all your camping gear when you went to go on track was there like a lock up or something?

Didn't get a chance to speak to anyone at fcs really! was on the track for quite a bit of the show! didn't see you either :( Should get a wee meet round our way sometime! and all my camping gear was at the camp site still, and my stuff was in my mates car at the show, then my wheels / tools etc i left in the pit garages. so wasn't too bad :)
LOVE it. Looks mint as it is now ;)

Cheers man ;)

Not gonna be doing too much more as i dont know what will happen to the car come insurance time (sep) :(

Got the new seats in! pretty good, wanting to get some new subframes though.

IMGP2838.jpg

And a few random pics!

IMGP2823.jpg

IMGP2829.jpg

slaggy lookin pic ;) with my cut down plate also.

IMGP2662.jpg

Some fcs pics too

fcs8.png

fcs13.png

fcs6.png

fcs4.png

Thats all for now

Cheers

Clio Sport ph1
How did you solve the fog places ?Are there some special inserts, or is it only a hole? It look good, I´m thinking to replace them too and the dark Renault sign is cool too.

Megane r26
Cracking project mate, got yourself a nice little 172 there. Just a quick one though what sort of method did you use to paint the subframe an wishbones? I tempted to whip mine of you see an get a friend of mine to powder coat them. An again, top work!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
I love this little car makes me :)

Yeah it does ;) ha

Looking cool as fook!

Love it Stu, absolutely awesome.

Thanks man! :cool: i do try my best :eek:

How did you solve the fog places ?Are there some special inserts, or is it only a hole? It look good, I´m thinking to replace them too and the dark Renault sign is cool too.

cheers mate, i took the fogs out and cut the backs of the plastic surround, so its just a hole! ill get round to ducting them up for my brakes at somepoint :rasp:

Cracking project mate, got yourself a nice little 172 there. Just a quick one though what sort of method did you use to paint the subframe an wishbones? I tempted to whip mine of you see an get a friend of mine to powder coat them. An again, top work!

Cheers man :) and when i had everything off i done the pressure sandblast (cant mind what its called) with a pressure washer hooked up to a bucket of sand which cleaned it up not bad, and had the wishbones etc sandblasted and then just gave everything a few coats of hammerite :) seems to be holding up well still!

Still looking schweet man.

Thanks man :cool: Still need a wee meet sometime. well get dave and john also ;)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Another small update. Spent yesterday working on the engine bay and an oil change. Got my top mounts fitted too, its just crying out to be set up now :( painted my inlets and fitted my other engine mount and cleaned up what i could, pics ;)

IMGP2927.jpg

IMGP2930.jpg

IMGP2942.jpg

IMGP2929.jpg

And just a pic i like ;)

IMGP2935.jpg

Thats all :)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Re: ph1 project take 2

T.I.D.Y

Love it wee guy. Like the landrover tyre shop in the back ground too ;)

Cheers man. and aye, theres loads more behind where i was standing lol

What have you painted your engine with mate looks cracking!

Cheers :) just ordinary spraypaint from halfords (vauxhall mistral grey) but i had all the bits off and bead blasted them to clean them up first, but i was running out on the inlets, thats why they look more silver! and then beadblasted all the nuts and bolts etc just to freshen them up. Also satin blacked ECU cover and the airbox bracket bit, and some black paint on the sound deadnig stuff at the back. Big improvement!

What do you use to clean lights?

The headlights? i rubbed them down with fine sandpaper and polished them up with SRP, theres a guide on here how to do it :)

Cheers for the comments guys :)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Just lies was it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

oh hai bby xx

ec18b5f1.jpg

3a8fef1b.jpg

8aef94a3.jpg

0ce7a335.jpg

fb361c9a.jpg

9d5ae8f2.jpg

and a wee vid in action :-

[video=facebook;10150320160561823]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150320160561823&comments[/video]

Get those wheels done same colour as your F1's.

And lol, was going to say wheres the obligatory picture of ash fitting this time?