ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub problems

Nissan Jewk

Two problems:

1) The negative connection keeps coming loose. Its one of those connections where you have to hold the bare wire onto the negative point and screw it on to hold the wire in, but it keeps working its way loose? This is guaranteed to happen on every single journey I have.

2) The sub keeps moving about... its fairly big, but not sure how to secure it in place?

I can take pics at lunchtime to better explain the problems.

Ziel Nurburgring

Sounds like all you need is a washer or a nut on the other end of the bolt. Either velcro the bugger down or strap it through the carpet.

to stop it moving, velcro on the bottom is the only really easy way to stop it

as for the clips, just tighten them to the extent where your hands are sore from turning them, there isnt really anythingyou can do, if yuo need to use a set of long nosed pliers

hang on!!!!!!

are you not supposed to thread the cable through the connector??? IIRC they have a hole for you to put the cable through, then tighten the nut

Nissan Jewk

nope, you have to literally turn the knob to lock it on... the positive connection is spot on, just the negative one which comes loose? I always tighten it to the point I cant turn it anymore.. its ghey!

well if its of any help, i have a spare connector block (whole black plastic bit) here if you want it?

another one of my many things that clutter up my room?

Nissan Jewk

will it fit??? I need something.... its the worst feeling when your driving along, listening to quality tunes, and the bass just stops.... you cant pull over to sort it either... sends me crazy lol

yes, they are usually the same size, measure the internal dimensions of the adaptor if you want, ill check its the same

but as i said above, have a look closely at the connection, there should be a hole in the middle of it (have to screw up quite a bit) where the cable goes through, a normal screw cap isnt quite good enough

don't

CRAZY MIKE ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im lucky, my things have holes in them, thread cable through and then screw down

urs are very ghey, solder/superglue/c*cknose

hmmm

Polo + Micra

i find that sometimes it twists so the hole isnt inline with the other one. either that or the banana plug that i pointed out above will just plug into the end of it

[Edited by Dink on 2/23/2005 1:54:52 PM]

yup, dinks banana plug would also work

however, check for the hole please, im sure it will be there

if not, can you take a picture of the connector up close with the screw cap fully loosened off, thanks

Nissan Jewk

Im 99.9% sure theres no hole, but will double check. In the meantime, what shall I do... buy that banana clip or take the adaptor of your hands bambam? What do you want for it? x

nothing fella, cost me nothing, so see no pojnt making money on it, only worth 50p anyway

will be next week by the time i get to post it though, as im back at work tomorrow

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i got some of the sticky back velcro stuff and boy does it stick jesus i cant get the bugger out now.

Nissan Jewk

I sorted the problem with the wire coming loose, can i get this velcro shiznit from halfords?

ST

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 24 February 2005

I sorted the problem with the wire coming loose, can i get this velcro shiznit from halfords?
Yeah halfrauds..........bout £3 or somethin for 4 pieces.

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 24 February 2005

was there a hole there???

so i guess you no longer require my adaptor?