ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subaru in the wall? Does he or doesn't he?

definately, he goes onto grass at an angle, if he pulled it back it wil have still been on grass and he'd of slid. Didnt hear a bang tho.

Clio 172 Cup
why he went right and not left, like me :rasp: , god knows.

thats not saying if he smashed it or not though.

i'll let this thread get to 3 pages long and will then let you know. keep guessing!

A4 Avant
I take it he did hit it then?? Did it receive much damage?

I suppose it's just one of those reaction type things! He was a lot closer to the car when he swerved than you were. Very lucky escape for you!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i say yes, not enough grip on the grass to pull it back at that speed.

Lionel Richie
no, i saw an e46 m3 do the same thing and just miss

but i've also seen a few fwd cars wollop the wall there

PH1 Oddy, M140i
He didn't hit the wall. I have to agree about your exhaust......sounds tinny or something...maybe the camera recording doesn't do it justice.

I still dont understand DE cat when you can get sports cat back systems. MOT time must be a nightmare.

Clio 172 Cup
This is getting boring now!

For those of you who said he whacked the wall you were WRONG.

He actually did quite well, made the front end turn towards the track and did a nice sideways along the grass before getting back on the track. Must still of shat himself :dead: :D

Still don't know why he went right and not left!

Seeing as it's a subaru, I'm surprised it never rallied down the grass and rejoined in front of you at clearways...

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Seeing as it's a subaru, I'm surprised it never rallied down the grass and rejoined in front of you at clearways...

Cos it wasn't Petter Solberg behind the wheel? :p

Your exhaust sounds like a bunch of angry bees btw deviltronics :s

Clio 172 Cup
thats why i only use the car for trackdays, driving around town above 3000rpm is a real headturner!

its the decat that makes all the noise.

Donz144, whats the point of a sports cat, firstly they cost more, secondly your still restricting the exhaust gases. As for the MOT, it takes 30 mins to put the cat back on. So one hour on the ramp a year is hardly any hassle. In my case if you know MOT testers who can turn a blind eye, even better!

PH1 Oddy, M140i
I just think for the sake of 3-4hp and the once a year hassel sports cat is the way forward. I guess if you know someone at MOT time it helps but I move so much that I never know what garage I am going to use.

Monaco Ph2 172
Was obvious he would miss... once you're on the grass it's much easier to spin it the other way! :)

One thing though... why was not the full circuit open?