ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sump bolts

172, Tiguan
My sump has developed a slow weep from it for some reason, so we'll be changing the gasket next weekend. I have a feeling the bolts were done up too tight and its developed the leak after about 2k miles of fairly hard use.

I was going to go and buy a few spare renault bolts but they are expensive and made from cheese. Has anybody swapped these out for something more conventional that aren't prone to rounding off?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
they're an m7 thread so tricky to get hold of, but available if you special order. I'd use Cap head (allen) bolts if they were easier to get

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Stainless steel generally has a higher thermal expansion rate than normal steel, so generally stainless bolts arent suited to this sort of application.

I'd just go with standard grade bolts and torque them correctly.

Trophy Turbo :)
As Chipster says, the OEM ones are perfectly fine for the application, but the ones you have posted there would work, you would need some washers also. but just get some Renault Ones

What a really nice Job :D