ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sumpings Wrong...

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
Coming out of the carpark at uni on monday following my mate when i heard a thud and an awful scraping noise.

Turns out i drove over a concrete block with a piece of metal on top which sliced open my sump :(

Currently in the garage, £400 quid for a new sump, sump guard and oil but they are going to have to check the engine aswell.

Filled out an accident report form to hopefully get the uni to pay for the costs, and i took some pictures aswell to back myself up.

DSC03257.gif

DSC03255.gif

DSC03256.gif

DSC03258.gif

I couldnt get any pictures from under the car as the floor was wet and oily and i havent seen the car whilst its been on the ramp.

Handed the form back on tuesday at the main reception to a man who tried telling me that the car park was in fact closed on the monday and that i had thought this alligation through very well.

I kept calm though but i was really upset and angry as i hate having to catch public transport in the wind and rain.

Hopefully its back before the first N/W meet of the year as i really want to go in my new car.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The likelyhood of you getting anything is slim....The coucil if it's them you're dealin with are tossbags! I hit a pothole deep enough to see relatives in Aus and i got f**k all! other than a Bent rim and puctured tyre.

That car park looks appauling. No way i'd even entertain driving in there.

I hope they pay for the damage cause to your car. I'd be livid tbh.

The likelyhood of you getting anything is slim....The coucil if it's them you're dealin with are tossbags! I hit a pothole deep enough to see relatives in Aus and i got f**k all! other than a Bent rim and puctured tyre.

:lolup:

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
yeah its a uni car park and i have to pay £1.50 a day to use and its supposed to be maintained by the uni, they dont seem to do a good job though.
If i have to pay for it i will proberly go 2nd hand, if the uni will pay out ill get a new one

Clio 182
you'll have to claim back for the cost at best, I highly doubt they'll pay for the repairs first hand - my friend ran over a rock on the motorway from the roadworks, he had to pay for his car fixing and eventually, 8 months later, amec paid out - and amec are a huge company who wouldn't be too concerned about £400 compensation

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If you have to pay to use the car park its a major plus on your side, if it was free you may have more trouble as they could call it just some land they let you park on, but seeing as you have to pay specifically to park then it should be fit to park in!!!

White R26/Stripped Valver
Looks like you have a pretty strong arguement, as its the responsibility of the uni to maintain the car park and that metal is just an accident waiting to happen. Id pursue for no matter how long it takes, contact the highest authority of the uni, probably the council. Like the time my dad ran over a stump of a cut down lamp post hidden in grass and slashed the tyre, bearing in mind this was a Nissan Patrol 4x4 with huuuuge tyres. Within a week, 4 brand new tyres paid for :D

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
when i tried to claim off the council for a bent rim by a pothole, they wanted pictures, proof it was their fault, proof it was the pothole that did the damage and everythin! gave up in the end, which is probably what they wanted!

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
yeah im going to keep checking to make sure i get the cost of this repair paid for.
Going into uni on friday and im going to take a picture of the sign at the front entrance as it doesnt say any damage caused on this carpark is not the problem of the company etc

No my car isnt lowered, proberly higher now all the oil has drained out lol

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
That car park entrance looks a right state! Wouldn't be surprised if loads of peoples cars are getting damaged.

Hope you get somewhere claiming back.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
ahaha funny you should say that, just as i was getting back into my car to have it towed home a guy in a red 5 door clio was limping out the same car park with a flat right front tyre!

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
UPDATE!
the garage rang and the engine is fine, they are ordering the parts and it should be ready to collect on monday :D

as i was in uni today i took a picture of a sign and i noticed they had removed the hazzard and filled in the puddle :)
DSC03262.gif

DSC03263.gif

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
yeah thats what i thought, and the fact that they altered the bump so they knew it was a hazzard