ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sunroof leaking on mk2 2002 1.2 16v.

clio mk2 1.4 16v extreme
Hi, my sisters 02 clio's sunroof has started leaking from the front drivers side corner of the sunroof. I've had a look and there is nothing blocking it. its only got 35k on it, has the rubber worn or does any one know why it's leaking?

cheers

John​

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Wifes 51 plate clio used to leak when parked facing uphill , Renault were no help. always parked facing down our drive in the end to stop it leaking

clio
eddes right near enough every 02 wit a sun roof seems to have this problem round about now after 4/5 years the seals dissolve on the sun roof. you will more than likely find its not the norm blocked duct or rubber leak it will be the seal between the plastic frame and the roof its self. iirc renault sells the seal although not 100%. failing that remove the sunroof from the car and re seal. theres about 10 screws holding it down. not that bad a job if you have a garage. but just check the ducts and rubber any way. any more info pm me. hope this helps fella!

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
I've just bought an 02 clio, thought the stale smell in it was from it not being used for a while.

Turns out the sunroof is leaking, and probably has been for some time, think the interior trim has been soaking it up hence the stink :mad:

Am going to remove the sunroof next week and see if i can srt it out, even if it just means spreading a tub of silicone grease everywhere :eek:

Clio 1.2 16v
i had the same problem. best way 2 stop it is 2 use silicon. take off inside trim and pull down the roof carpet and u will see bolts all the way round the sun roof, basicly undo all of them and the outside black trim will come off, silicon under this all the way around, bolt it back down n there u have it, a non leaking clio. hope this helps