ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunvisor TV - Go get one!

Just fitted one of these onto the passengers side and it looks great! Because of the angle of the dash, fitting a motorized HU into a mk1 would be difficult, not to mention stolen within a week. Heard that sunvisor TFTs werent too good. Managed to find one on ebay for £92 UK delivered, no customs charges. Didnt have high hopes cos of the low price but figured id sell it on ebay if it wasnt up to scratch. Am pleased to say i was pleasantly surprised. When i tested it indoors, i found the picture to be brighter around the edges, but this goes after the unit has been on for a few mins and when fitted, its not noticeable because there is more ambient light in the car. There are also different settings for use during day/night etc. Fitting wasnt great as its a universal fitting. Found i had to modify the supporting plate, by getting rid of the metal bolt thats there and supergluing a short length of plastic pipe to screw the bracket into. This allows it to sit about 20mm higher up, making it less visible to thieves, leveling the screen and making it much more sturdy. It wobbled like mad with the standard bolt. The hook has to be fitted on the other side as the existing mount is too close to the roof console. The headphone socket didnt seem to work at all, so i wired another one directly to the internal speaker, so its cut off when the socket is used. TV reception isnt too good, i guess it depends on location. It has 2 inputs, and a reversing camera option, wired to the reversing lights. I have a 40gb HD divx player (good for about 50 films) as my video source. Its about the same size as a calculator, so its easily hidden / removed and you can connect it to any tv. Another ebay purchase at £120. Heres some pics, the screen looks better in real life.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1100275414__sunvisorb.jpg

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Cool.

Just watch out you dont go round town with these on, they cause lots or pobs with the plod when ur watchign them up there LOL

For the screen:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14946&item=5731686251&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVWhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14946&item=5731686251&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

For the Divx player:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Percyssss-Quality-Goods-for-you_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkmhttp://stores.ebay.co.uk/Percyssss-Quality-Goods-for-you_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

Doesnt seem to have any at the lower starting price right now, but maybe wait for a bit and keep an eye out. Do a search for divx player. I managed to get 2 units, 1 for me, 1 for my bro, for £120 each + £7 postage. 1 thing to mention with these is that they have to be formatted with FAT32, not NTFS. It doesent work with NTFS. I had to install windows 98 into a spare HD, boot up with it, then connect the player with the USB. The pc didnt detect it straight away, so i had to mess about with the device manager / settings. I suppose you could try asking the guy to do it for you beforehand.

Looking good, im seriously thinking or doing one now.

How hard do you reecon it woudl be to take it out of that visor, and stick it in ur own? Dont fancy a visor with a massive speaker in it

Must be a bit of both. I hadnt adjusted the screen settings as i had just finished the installation and wanted to take pics before it got dark. Trust me, its fine in real life. Might try taking some nightime pics. No way you could get it all into a standard visor, when i opened it up to fit the extra headphone socket, its pretty full up in there. Had to trim the socket itself just to make it fit. Its pretty heavy as well, so i doubt a normal mount would be strong enough.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

always kept my eye on these - glad ive seen first hand what they look like in now - Good picture too!

Volvo S60 T5

Did it fit straight in easy with the original mounting holes, no drilling etc.

Very tempted to get on for my car now, looks very good.

This is the way to do it in a Mk1 Clio.

My CarPC had an on-dash screen (it had to be VGA Touchscreen so no other option) and it wasnt that great - it was ok, but having to hide it all the time made it a bit of a pain!

If I still had my 1.2 Clio, this is what I was going to do!

Seen that site, a lot more expensive, and do you really need 2? Looks better for balance of course, but seemed a bit uneccessary. Couldnt say what the quality of those are like. Viewing angle is fine, better if u recline the seat a little as its a bit too close to watch comfortably. The swivel bracket uses the existing screw holes, but you will have to alter it to fit better, too lopsided and wobbly as standard. Ill post more info / pics if people want it. The hook on the other side will have to be used. Only needs 2 holes drilling, 5mm and 3mm i think. 1 is to take an ordinary wall plug, can use existing bolt. Push the wall plug through the bracket and into the new hole. Once the bolt is in place, its pretty sturdy. Other hole is for a small locating pin. Should be possible to put it back to standard easily enough. The holes will still be there, but if you give the headlining a brushover, it shouldnt be too noticeable, theyll be completely hidden when the normal visor is folded. You can use the standard clip, but the edge of the visor will be rubbing on the roof console. Not nice at all. The visor itself can be adjusted for length.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 12 November 2004
Is it the camera, or is it the screen thats making the pic look greenAll the Matrix films were purposely colourised to make the film have a slightly green tinge to it when they were in The Matrix, and slighty blue when they were in The Real World.

The camera may be accenting it a bit but the blame lies firmly with the Wachowski bros.