ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superb car, but why modify it?

HK52 VLW 172 Cup
As a fellow noob I'd be inclined to give the guy a break. What you say to yourself in your head and then how it sounds once written can often seem odd to the person reading or replying.

Also if the guy is a serious instructor I'd kiss a*** in the hope of a training freebie:)

Actually I believe my car out performs my driving skills, so what should I focus on learning first?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Where the front seats bolt to the car, between the seat frame and the floor pan there’s 4 plastic spacers which raise the seat slightly.

It’s just one of the two most common complaints of these cars, steering wheel and seat being too high.
Wait....

Have I been driving this car for over sixteen years with my head at 45 degrees, pressed against the roof, when I could have lowered the seat slightly?

Shite-on-a-bike. Do I feel dumb...

When is anyone allowed to modify their car then? Is it when they are within 15% of Lewis Hamilton’s laptime? 14%? 12%? And how do I convince Hamilton to set a time in a 16 year old Clio.

It sounds like a PlayStation game. What is the time that you have to beat to unlock the right to buy stage 1 engine upgrades lol 😂 How good do you need to be to unlock stage 2?

We are all human so genuinely not a single person on earth gets 100% out of a car. Even Hamilton’s best quali lap of his life will still have braked a few cm too early at some corners and lost time or a few cm too late and lost time.