ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

superbike cans on my RT

i have just got my hands on two motorbike cans off a TL1000, i want them fitted to my rt but i want each can to face away from each other so they site at an angle.one to the left and one to the right. im shore you get the idea im after, but i wanted to know who the best place would be to fitt it and does anyone know roughly how much it would cost?

Im not an exhaust or sound expert but my head is big!

Each of the cans deals with 2x500cc bangs (I imagine the TL1000 system has the exhausts linked with a balance pipe before they reach the cans 2-1-2) so both cans silence each bang. And on the car theyll do 4x?00cc bangs again all linked 4-2-1-2 with both cans silencing each bang. So the sound level should be broadly comparable for the same revs car versus bike provided that your system is straight through without any other sound absorbing stuff. The bike revs to what max rpm - 10 or 12k I guess but has only two cylinders so again should be broadly comparable to your four cylinder at 6ish max rpm.

Are they the standardf cans or aftermarket race items? If they are the latter its worth noting that a noisy bike creates less nuisance/hassle as they go so quick (except for 50cc scooters with an expansion pipe - which are really annoying - proof if you like) and the installation could end up being antisocial (which may be waht you want - up to you!).