ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surprise Surprise

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Look this forum has rules ok we have just got them we are trying hard to stop this sort of rubbish.

its best that this sort of thing is kept to the ssc forums.

you wanna ask us about clios then we will tell you what we think.

if you dont like it then thats your problem.

Thank you

Fair comment Hardcore Sax, it is not fair to rubbish all Saxo owners but when they come on to the boards to blatently start arguments it does not give the Saxo owners a good reputation.

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo

Do your research, On paper the 172s 0-60 is 5 Milliseconds faster than a vts. If the VTS has only mild mods it will blow the 172. The power to weight is so much better so any mods done to ur 172 will dissappear into the woodwork. My VTS is pushing mailto:200BHP@the">205BHP at the wheels and will smoke a Clio V6 (EG 4.6 Secs 0-60 and 100 by the time the 172 is doing 65) I love my 172 for comfort and regidity but the race car VTS Is just un-ignorably so good. Why are we having silly squabbles anyway. We should be caining those sh*tty VWs and Audi TTs. Not other French cars!

VTS Dood - How many times has the Citroen Saxo VTS been mentioned/featured/reviewed in EVO magazine??? zilcho mate!!! The 172 is a long termer in their fleet of vehicles and a true evo car - if u want to talk VTR/VTS visit http://www.maxpower.co.ukwww.maxpower.co.uk Yhat kinda says it all dont it !

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo

Big bash and VTS Dude are probably using an ISP with a webcache (same IP, Many users) like blueyonder then

Quote: Originally posted by TD172 on 18 November 2002

Do your research, On paper the 172s 0-60 is 5 Milliseconds faster than a vts. If the VTS has only mild mods it will blow the 172. The power to weight is so much better so any mods done to ur 172 will dissappear into the woodwork. My VTS is pushing mailto:200BHP@the">205BHP at the wheels and will smoke a Clio V6 (EG 4.6 Secs 0-60 and 100 by the time the 172 is doing 65) I love my 172 for comfort and regidity but the race car VTS Is just un-ignorably so good. Why are we having silly squabbles anyway. We should be caining those sh*tty VWs and Audi TTs. Not other French cars!
At long long last, someone LIKE ME who actually owns both cars and so can speak from REAL EXPERIENCE, the 172 is better in the frills department but not in sheer cornering ability than the 106 GTI

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Another thread for the bin.

The intellect demonstrated by all involved is quite staggering. Well done class.

CTR EK9 turbo

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA......Haaaa.....haaaaa......

This topic is a JOKE on steroids. Big Bash and VTS Dude is the same person, obviously come from the saxosportsclub board to wind up another board. GREAT. We dont want that here please. I dont want to see this board end up like the ssc board containing posts like "I just cut my nails, wanna see the pics?" and "lets put funny pictures of animals up" and "so and sos just dumped me and everyone is going to get booted because theyve been rude to my girlfriend on line etc etc etc".

This board does not contain any of that childish rubbish and i HOPE it wont ever. ALSO this board does not also contain posts with 10 million page articles saying "Supercharged VTR kept up with Porsche 911 Turbo!!!".

I have a friend (normal, nice bloke) who owns a VTS and admits that he hasnt a chance against my 172. Every race we have had, yes on the roads - but thats where most of you race anyway, I have won won , and won again. Be it through bends, roundabouts, traffic lights, dual carriageways you name it. I think he beat me once when i first bought my car, first time id driven it and he went on Orange off the lights and got ahead (i always go on green no matter what) and i soon caught up and couldnt get past as there was a mercedes in front in my lane. He admits that i always beat him, he admits that my car is faster and he wishes he had a faster car. He was going to buy a supercharger for his Saxo VTS bought thought better of it - (waste of money, in his opinion i guess! i aggree). AND his car has fallen apart more than mine! and also i paid £11,000 for my car, he paid £11,500 i think for his? I actually get BORED racing him now as i know what the outcome will be. And seeing as the guy started this topic with 172-0 saxo-1, id like to add that i cant keep count of the wins ive had over SAXOS! (for crying out loud!) 172-1 million and 3 Saxo-1/2

Now, the bloke in the supercharged saxo - you spent, what? £5000 for your saxo? and your supercharging cost you £5000+ probably closer to £7000 and youve created a supercharged (wheel shredding) beast that will toast most things in a straight line (how is it in the corner flat out now?). I could spend £600 on a nitrous kit and have large jets in my 2.0 engine and probably keep up or even toast your car - and mine would probably be more reliable. I could turn the gas off when it comes to corners and go around them nicely and keep toasting you.

Now please can you stop slating Clios on a Clio forum as you have achieved upsetting lots of people, in fact, probably not upset in the sense that you were thinking, but in the sense that they/we are probably just laughing at your comments. In fact i am going out to find a Saxo to toast. Oops i cant race my friends his is at the Citroen garage having repairs, have to wait till the weekend.

**All of these comments by the way are my own opinions and im not forcing anyone to think the same as me.**

Also, just to end my post with this.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Please click on your taskbar where it says SSC forum and go back to where you came from, that is unless you want to talk about how good Clios are! Im sure youve got to hurry up and fit your http://www.pecoexhausts.co.uk/bigbore4small.jpg ready for the cruise this weekend so you can edge another wing mirrors length ahead of that Orion Turbo (with sunstripe, noice)

Thankyou very much indeed, Kiss my face........

http://www.mgnet.karoo.net/alanface2.jpg

Clio v6

TD172

Forum User

Clio Cup 172 & S/CSaxoVTS
18 November 2002
2 Posts

Sounds like a fab Saxo you have TD. You ought to have come here long before today to tell us about it. We like to read about quick motors.

BMW 320d Sport

Well I must admit I fast forwarded through page 1 to 5 of this thread so I might have missed a few insults being thrown around! IMHO theres no way you can say the VTS is a bad car, its a little cracker, but at the end of the day if a standard 172 and a VTS were driven by the same driver, the 172 would be quicker every time. The only problem I see with Saxos is that theyre so common and that Citroen went and made all the smaller engined models look the same as the VTS which is a real shame. Plus Citroen have no real motorsport pedigree unlike Renault and Peugeot. Still Im sure under the right circumstances a Saxo VTS could do a 172, its just that 90% of the time it would be the other way round.

DIDNT sh*tROEN MAKE THE(2CV) IAM SURE PAXOS ARE JUST PHASE TWO (2CVS). BY THE WAY MY 1.2 NOVA USED USED TO WUUUP SAXOS, ALL 98 BHP OF IT

TD., no disspespect to your supercharged saxo but 0-60 in 4.6. right. have u got super duper traction control? cause that much power in a light front wheel drive car would just spin the wheels all over the show!

and as for this topic... Boring.. my mates got a vts, ive got a 16v. i kick his ass every time. although it is close to 60.

I just got rinsed by a Saxo Westcoast on 17s a Nova 1.3Sri and a Panda 4x4 with Wings West kit they were loads faster in a straight line and better in corners, the williams never stood a chance...

Just thought Id be different. Everyone can look in a magazine and a good few can read, so work out what is quickest and let it go. Its fun to wind people up but its getting a bit silly now.