ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension setup - book recommendations

I'm looking to read up on car suspension/chassis setup.

The sort of stuff I'm interested in learning about includes geometry, spring rates, damping, anti-roll bars and how it all interacts.

Thanks

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
racecar vehicle dynamics...by Bill Milliken
Heavy reading (above my head), but apparently the Ferrari f1 teams owns 14 copies....and i bet Adrian Newey does too!

I have "how to make your car handle" by Fred Puhn a bit dated but covers the basics.

Put car and handling into mamzon and plenty pops up.

Lotus Elise
For a simples book got for, Competition Car Suspension

more serious, racecar vehicle dynamics...by Bill Milliken as well as The multibody System Approach to Vehicle Dynamics by Mike Blundell and Damian Harty

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Me too !
I have Competition car suspension and Race and rally car source book both by Alan Staniforth they are very good but more about single seater stuff. I am sure there was an earlier version of Race and rally car that had a step by step guide on how a 205 gti was turned into the rally winner it was.

I assume you want something more car biased?