ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SW Cliosport Meet - thankyou kind Police lady...

After a nice meal and chat we headed out at about 9:30 this evening to get some pics...after polite negotiations with security guards and 2 lots of police we were finally allowed to have a civilised gathering of our cars in a static position and take some pics. I blame chavs for making people assume a gathering of cars and people is automatically a recipe for burn-outs, loud music and 14 year old girls.

My first night car shoot so a bit of trial and lots of error involved, but I got some nice messy shots. The other guy seemed to be getting good conventional shots so I decided to have a play...

251995856-L.jpg

251997430-L.jpg

251996693-L.jpg

251997105-L.jpg

251997660-L.jpg

251996858-L.jpg

251997853-L.jpg

251995813-L.jpg
251997620-L.jpg

A few more individual car shots to follow tomorrow, but this will do for today...

http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/4299507

No we proved that tonight :(

Thought we were going to get moved on again, but lucky the police lady was very understanding and said as long as there was no loud music and burn outs it was not a problem.

Somebody asked about getting the original high-res files, just head over to the gallery, click a thumbnail, hover over the main image that appears on the right, click 'Save Photo'. Job done.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
looks like a good turn out, awesome pics mate, was nice security let you take pics, most arent so pleasant.
i quite like the orange colour cast from the streetlights but if you wanted to remove it, it is possible by adjusting the colour balance. i had a quick tinker, hope you dont mind mate
colourbalance.jpg

looks like a good turn out, awesome pics mate, was nice security let you take pics, most arent so pleasant.
i quite like the orange colour cast from the streetlights but if you wanted to remove it, it is possible by adjusting the colour balance. i had a quick tinker, hope you dont mind mate

Good work, not really a regular photoshop user myself so I didn't know that. I quite like the orange cast as well though, it kind of looks like it's missing something when you remove it.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah i agree mate, especially with the first pic you posted i think that without the orange would ruin it.
top work buddy :)

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
great pics mate, the orange glare give it a weired look ...but i like :)
tinted 1 is nice 2, cant wait to see the others

Thanks guys, I was expecting a few negative comments to be honest as they aren't exactly standard clean pictures, glare and allsorts all over them, but for me they work quite well.

For the record my favourite is actually the Racing Blue stripes pic, no idea why. Don't get too excited about the rest, just another 4 or 5 of the Vee, and a few bog standard head-on shots of several of the cars.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
great shots! I can't take night foto's at all! What setting's? high ISO - 800?

great shots! I can't take night foto's at all! What setting's? high ISO - 800?
I wouldn't have thought so - personally I would have shot long exposure at low ISO with a tripod :)

Good pics though, love the Vee rear wheel and reflection one :cool:

re: the orange glow, I do like it in pics but sometimes it's fun to do custom white balance off the street lights and see how they come out!

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
all taken at parkway sation on the upper car park. had amazin lighting as you can tell

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
dunno if you can see that dodgy splitter i have animal! still cant find anymore around here you should have come along.....

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Great stuff!

The one with the 'corrected' white balance is brilliant though.

FF Blackgold 182
all taken at parkway sation on the upper car park. had amazin lighting as you can tell

Thank you! Was bugging me since last night, when I saw the photos on here! lol

dunno if you can see that dodgy splitter i have animal! still cant find anymore around here you should have come along.....

I will have another gander mate and see if I can see the splitter. I text Justin last night and let him know that I couldn't make it. Had to prep for something for work. :rolleyes: Also my car is a state at the moment. I haven't cleaned it since November, so it isn't exactly worthy of any photos. :eek:

Just had another look and that splitter looks very nice John!

Last edited:
  A4 DTM/iceberg cup
haha lol! well in a month or so my bumper will be getting fixed and a cup splitteer going on so this one will hit the big pile of junk in the shed. unless i can get another bumper and i'll just chop and change especially for the airfield be gutted if i crack my cup splitter lol. have to make the next one buddy!!! mines looking a little ropey aswel bring on the summer

FF Blackgold 182
haha lol! well in a month or so my bumper will be getting fixed and a cup splitteer going on so this one will hit the big pile of junk in the shed. unless i can get another bumper and i'll just chop and change especially for the airfield be gutted if i crack my cup splitter lol. have to make the next one buddy!!! mines looking a little ropey aswel bring on the summer

Nice, well if you wanna get rid of it, let me know. ;)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
ok mate will do its a bugga to fit but for waht its worth it works well and stands out (imo dunno what everyone else thought i'm sure there was some comments) but yeah got your name on it if you want it

FF Blackgold 182
ok mate will do its a bugga to fit but for waht its worth it works well and stands out (imo dunno what everyone else thought i'm sure there was some comments) but yeah got your name on it if you want it

nice one bud.