ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

swappin driveshafts

im replacing the driveshafts in my 1.4 clio 2moro any tips? im not expecting it 2 be easy! ill need a balljoint separator and a breaker bar anything else? thanks lads

easy.

nearside, hub nut off with wheel on......breaker bar used, have a new nut handy. wheel, disc, calipers off. Get the rod end off (tricky sometimes if seized.....place a jack under the rd end and lift it up......the pressure will induce stiction so it wont rotate with the nyloc nut, do teh same for tightning), undo the 2 strut/hub nuts, undo the bottom pinchbolt......remove swivel hub (may need persuation :D) check rubber gaitors on both balljoints, check for play in any are like steering arms. Undo the 3 bolts holding the gaitor/seal to the box. Oh, oops, drain box first or fluid will pour out. remove driveshaft, replace and refit in reverse.

offside is the same except you have a roll pin placed in the sunwheel which will need to be punched out and replaced with a new single peice one......assuming yours is a two peice affair. Then it all comes out like normal.

Easy job, but can get frustrating i tell ya!

right i got the right hand one in took all day , left 1 hpoefully 2moro it was a b*****d getting that pin out!! is left 1 any easier? also that pinch bolt put up a fight but spose its worth doin tho 2 avoid garge costs!