ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirl challenge

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Right i may be purchasing my current A4 company car when the lease expires. Its solid black and has lots and lots of swirl marks...!

I hear all you guys can work miricles on cars but who (near Nantwich) would like to take on the challenge of removing them. It could be some great PR as i will do all the before and after shots and you could be onto a winneras there is no one in the area thats any good..!!!!

I throw the gauntlet down......

A slow one :-(
Get over to detailingworld... Im sure someone over there will help.

Feel sorry for the poor bugger that does it though cos VAG paint is meant to be hard as nails.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I was hoping some kind gent would do it for free........come on bit of PR goes a long way.

Call it a marketing excercise....

Offers.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Hahahahaha.....

Yes, I'd love to spend a whole day cleaning YOUR car for nothing at all?

ITB BG 182
Tell ya what if your a woman with decent size tits an would prance around my car butt naked with no more than a piece of dental floss up ya crack then ill think about it for £30 to cover materials.
But if ya a man then its a deffo no go as most people who detail cars can get enough "PR" for free by work they have done in previous subjected cars

lol at for free, would you work your nuts off all day on a car out in the cold and use up materials you'd paid for all for free? Any detailer worth using be it a pro or otherwise will have more than enough proof of the standard of their work before spending a day tarting up your abused ex work hack ;)

LY V6 with Recaros
Lol at doing it for free! I'd like mine to be done for free too, but somehow I don't think anyone is going to waste the whole of their day cleaning someone elses car, using their own products, which aren't cheap, for nothing! I know I wouldn't!! Especially when they could be getting paid to do someone elses!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I was hoping some kind gent would do it for free........come on bit of PR goes a long way.

Call it a marketing excercise....

Offers.

PMSL! What kind of free marketing/advertising will you be giving?

OK guys at we have about 12 cars a month that are purchased by emploees after there lease each car gets a full valet (at a cost of 50-80) but swirls etc are still present etc.

Was a oppotunity to market that persons work.......a days work for free could be a great excercise to show what can be done...

Oh well guys, just too keen to jump in as i have had a pm with an offer.:clown:

Yep I have to admit a portfolio and testimonies will carry more weight than a free job, good idea though if someone is just starting out, but there again unless there is a promise of work all they are doing is giving away a freebie in the hope of something.

I'd have to disagree too. Not all cars can show just what a detailer is capable of. There are multiple different types of correction that can be done and some cars with very minor defects obviously will not showcase the talent (or lack of in some cases) of the detailer in question.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6369&highlight=porsche

A bit of minor swirling on a silver car isnt going to be as obvious a transformation as that ^^^ to the layman. People who dont understand what goes into detailing (techniques and understanding of different paint types and which products/pads etc work best on them) wont appreciate the VFM, you get the "£xxx for a bit of polish" attitude from most people on the street.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Was a oppotunity to market that persons work.......a days work for free could be a great excercise to show what can be done...

Their portfolio would do that for them ;)

Not at all you need to see a real life before and after anyone can make a car look shiney in a pic. There is no one local thats any good.

Always best with a real life know example which my car represented.

Anyhow as i said there has been an offer and being done Saturday.

OK guys at we have about 12 cars a month that are purchased by emploees after there lease each car gets a full valet (at a cost of 50-80) but swirls etc are still present etc.

Oh well guys, just too keen to jump in as i have had a pm with an offer.:clown:

I can put you in contact with someone who can do as good a job as any, he'll do the free demo car also, however you need to guarentee at least 6 full exterior details a month for 3 months to cover a free job.

I can see I'm wasting my time. Clearly you can hide a lack of ability with some gruesome close ups that are heavily lit with halogens compared to someone standing several feet away "in real life" :rolleyes:

I'll leave you with your "I know best" attitude and free detail seeing as you've got what you were after.

visualize whirled pe
If its a free-be your after there's a mate of mine who'll polish your audi with a dead cat on the end of a drill, and that will certainly get him some publicity untill he can afford a proper pc.

I dont know if it'll remove your swirls though.

;)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
If its a free-be your after there's a mate of mine who'll polish your audi with a dead cat on the end of a drill, and that will certainly get him some publicity untill he can afford a proper pc.

I dont know if it'll remove your swirls though.

;)

:clown: