ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirl correction products by hand?

C

clvs2222

as i cant bring myself to spend a fortune on a polisher, im going to have to put some hard work into the car by hand. the only polish iv ever used is SRP (which i know isnt real polish) so dont know what to by for swirl correction by hand.

can some1 recommend a good polish which is easy to use and which pads to use?

C

clvs2222

after looking around, think im going to try the sonus #1 cutting plish and follow it up with #3 final finish. cant find a good polishing pad though, iv used the sonus polishing pad before on someone elses car but for £10 i didnt find it any better than a normal blue cloth.

also lookig to buy a new wax, the AG HD wax any good? now its quite new to the scene.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
after looking around, think im going to try the sonus #1 cutting plish and follow it up with #3 final finish. cant find a good polishing pad though, iv used the sonus polishing pad before on someone elses car but for £10 i didnt find it any better than a normal blue cloth.

also lookig to buy a new wax, the AG HD wax any good? now its quite new to the scene.
Heard good things on DW about it, quite durable and great shine

C

clvs2222

what you using garry? know you know your shizel about the subject.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Still on the R222 Chris as its superb on Blues, dylan and i are suppsed to be going halfs on a rotary when he finally gets his car to the way he wants it. I must admit that i find scatch X has good results if worked properly but wan-kingly hard work

C

clvs2222

was lookign at R222 jus now, not a bad price and its uite well rated. but how is it on black? (next car is definetly either going to be blue or white)

i really want to splash out on a polisher, but by the time i get the extra pads and wateva, your looking at £200+. dont think id trust myself with a rotary though, would need a practise 1st.

dylan poped down earlier funnily enough

C

clvs2222

yea, he finished it this morning. sounds sweet as a nut now fair do's.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
was lookign at R222 jus now, not a bad price and its uite well rated. but how is it on black? (next car is definetly either going to be blue or white)

i really want to splash out on a polisher, but by the time i get the extra pads and wateva, your looking at £200+. dont think id trust myself with a rotary though, would need a practise 1st.

I'm using the new version there are two R222 pastes now.

this one http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Store/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=444

and this one i'm using http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Store/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=443

C

clvs2222

is it really worth that extra £10? i can get AG HD for £27 delivered

C

clvs2222

dont get the panel pot, its bond o be good stuff and then you'll have to buy the ful pot then, then ill see the results and have to buy pot aswell. so that £15 pot turns into over £200 :( lol

C

clvs2222

^^lol, cheers, give me links to ones which are out of stock.

are they cutting pads or just applicators?

16v Dynamique
The applicators linked are dual sided, so one side is soft foam for applying waxes and sealants etc, and the other side is a harder foam which is used for polishing.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i really rate the autoglym hd wax, brought my car up lovely

Picture1846.jpg

Picture1848.jpg

Picture1847.jpg

Picture1851.jpg

bear in mind its never been machined polished and gets washed with sponge and 1 bucket a few times a week :)

C

clvs2222

^^looks fab mate. have you done the roof? its glass isnt it? or isnt it on the "S" versions?

A well built VW
^^lol, cheers, give me links to ones which are out of stock.

are they cutting pads or just applicators?

Im pretty sure your clever enough to be able to find a supplier who has them in stock or just wait for them to come in stock at CYC Tim is usually good at restocking drop him a pm he is a forum user on here too.....

C

clvs2222

iv looked on other websites but they are alot more expensive. more than double the price, no-wonder they are sold out on there.

Fiat Coupe 20vt

I'm using the new version there are two R222 pastes now.

this one http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Store/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=444

and this one i'm using http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Store/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=443

We have the new '100%' carnauba version of the R222 in now (in the wax section) and it seems very very good! Just had a play today.

By hand the best products i've tried are the Carlack kit linked to higher up in the thread, but it is very hard work!

Tim

172 ph2
I've tried scratch X and had no joy with it at all on my black car. I've tried applying it with a foam pad and with a MF towell but it doesn't seem to do anything at all... not really sure if i'm doing something wrong.

A good polish and wax normally hides most of it though.