ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Symbian phones + TomTom

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Im thinking about getting a nokia 6680 and tomtom + a cheap gps receiver off ebay.

Does anyone run something like this and does it work ok?

172beast

Yep, run Tomtom on my 6600, works fine, just put the latest version of Tomtom Mobile on it, connected to my cheapo bluetooth gps jobby off ebay. Mates got it on his 6680 and it works fine an all, good bit of kit to have on a phone, voice guidance is a little quiet at times tho, might be better on 6680.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

do it clart, its ace mate. just as good as tomtom go. i ran it on 6600 no probs, and now on 6680 and it works a treat. youll need a 128mb mmc card too to fit it on! also got all speed cameras installed with warnings 400metres before them!

if you want me to get u latest version of tomtom mobile let me know on msn mate!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Id be interested in getting it on my 7610 if anyone can help?

msn me cr1pps(at)hotmail.com if you can help :)

yeah its a good thing to have on your phone, i got it on my 6600, but i couldnt get tomtom on my moble for some reason, so got route 66 instead. is tom tom better than route 66 ???

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

DO IT

its absolutly brilliant. You get the advantages of the tomtom name.... and in a simple package.

If you dont mind not having a mega huge screen for the nav the do it!!!

It is also brilliant if you have a car kit...... as the sound for directions then comes thru the car kit ;)

172beast

I tried Route 66 on my 6600 before sticking with Tomtom, Route 66 seemt to run a bit slower and I couldnt figure out how to get speed cameras working or add additional POI like Maccy Ds, Optimax and what not so stuck with Tomtom. All you gotta do is copy about 4/5 folders onto MMC card and it works.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I just got a lifedrive + navman bluetooth gps + tomtom 5 + all the speed camera POIs and it works brill.

(okay so its palm not symbian, but the theory is the same)

Nike Lunar Elite's

Anyone know where I can get a cheap gps receiver from as I have the software but cant use it yet?

i cangt seem to get tomtom onit but i but i thhink its because of the tomtom system is a backup version not the proper one.

dk

911 GTS Cab

installed tomtom tonight, it is the biz, exactly the same as the pocket pc version, got all my speed cameras etc added to warn me, just need to get a gps now.