ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

t-cut

ff 182
i just want to make sure first, as iv herd different views on uesing t cut on some paints. am i ok with the 182 silver paint? thx

Cup In bits
Test for you.....use t-cut in the brightest sun you can find with the panel facing said sun and look at the scratches it puts on the panel.

A breeze block has better correction.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
If it was bad as people make out it wouldn't be on sale. I've used it in the past.

PH2 RS172
i sell tcut at work. its such a dated product and there are much better versions out now. paint renovator by autoglym is a likewise product and does a better job imo. that said tcut has such a big name nowadays you simply cant sell some people anything else... they think because of the name its sinply the best product for the job lol.... its prob the worst!

180.5 bhp 172
not sure if srs ^^

Well, not ALL over the car like Polish lol Just on marks and scratches that need seeing to.

Test for you.....use t-cut in the brightest sun you can find with the panel facing said sun and look at the scratches it puts on the panel.

A breeze block has better correction.

I've never found this, but then whenever I use T-Cut, I always use SRP and Wax afterwards.

Cup In bits
Its really abrasive, it puts micro swirls in the paint and can be seen on easier on certain metallic colours.

If your familiar with polished bliss the lead detailer there used so much t-cut by hand on his saxo (before he was a detailer) it turned pink, it was metallic red/wine.

180.5 bhp 172
If your familiar with polished bliss the lead detailer there used so much t-cut by hand on his saxo (before he was a detailer) it turned pink, it was metallic red/wine.

Wow!
I don't use it that much, just on the deeper marks, followed by SRP and Wax :)

Bux

Golf GTD
I used it on my mates Land Rover, as he just wanted to see if it would be any better than it was.

You can see how it did on the rear quarter compared to the door (Rear quarter was the only panel done in the photo)

230418_10151056717125009_11959523_n_zpsf08da6c7.gif

And the rest of the car done:

62531_10151056803720009_1628852361_n_zps1358fb41.gif

T cut is good if you're a complete novice/Halfrauds shopper that actually doesn't care about the cars paintwork in the long term and thus wouldn't be posting in a "Detailing" section of a car forum...

A bit like me posting on a cooking website, asking if Tesco's own brand, high in salt, beef lasagne is "Ok for my body".

T Cut has its uses. Cleaning CDs and stereo facia.

Honda & VW
Liking your analogy there JD. Its Threads like this that make it seem a good idea to have a seperate 'Car Cleaning' section, although I cant see that ever being used as we would like it to be.

is there a way that a Thread cannot be started if a keyword, such as T-Cut is used/detected lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not that T-cut is bad it's the fact that for less money you can buy Srp and it'll do everything even better and leave protection on your car!

The guy above with the JCB angle grinder and mop head is mental. He's caused himself more hassle than he had to. Give me an hour with an mf applicator and some Srp and it'll look better than that!

Bux

Golf GTD
It's not that T-cut is bad it's the fact that for less money you can buy Srp and it'll do everything even better and leave protection on your car!

The guy above with the JCB angle grinder and mop head is mental. He's caused himself more hassle than he had to. Give me an hour with an mf applicator and some Srp and it'll look better than that!

LOL! Just to be clear, that's my mate in the photo and not me, and by coincidence his nickname is Mop ;)
He doesn't care about the long term paint protection as he regularly diverts down green lanes and scratches up his paint, and it didn't even take that long to go over it with the DA (not angle grinder ;) )
The paint before was completely faded and overall it brought the paint back a lot in comparison! Although I can say that I wouldn't use t-cut on my own car :p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nope, i've had another look and it's definitely an angle grinder with a Mop/polishing head.

ff 182
think i might go for the... SRP.. stuff..im not doing the whole car. it's iust for some small light scuffs

LOL! Just to be clear, that's my mate in the photo and not me, and by coincidence his nickname is Mop ;)
He doesn't care about the long term paint protection as he regularly diverts down green lanes and scratches up his paint, and it didn't even take that long to go over it with the DA (not angle grinder ;) )
The paint before was completely faded and overall it brought the paint back a lot in comparison! Although I can say that I wouldn't use t-cut on my own car :p

If that's a DA, I'm the Prince of Wales.

Not a 320d
JD/Gally

Is one of you two an undercover mod?

I rekon its Kevin. Did you remove my comment? No one else comes in this section.

Golf GT & A4 Avant

All he's done is remove dead oxidised paint, with a very agressive very abrasive compound. Yes it will look brighter as he's removed a sh!t load of paint, but he will have incurred his own scratches by using it that he won't have refined down. Think of T-Cut as a fine sand paper, it needs finer grades used after it.

If your friend had used something MILD like autoglym super resin polish, he would have cleaned the paint up nicely, removing the dead paint and without removing loads of paint and causing damage. it's like using a wood chopper to cut fine steak, it's just not needed and causes more problems.

By the way that's not a DA, it's a angle grinder, which is a very agressive highly powered version of a rotary polisher, so he would have removed even more paint and caused more scratches and generated a while load of heat in the panel at the same time.

BWAB going in all guns blazing

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A lot of people will claim a car is to be driven not detailed, and I'm not a detailer.

Doesn't mean you should hack away at the paintwork.

Not a 320d
Has anyone ever used UPOL ?

Think Tcut is bad..... try using that. Its like building sand mixed with mayonnaise. Like having a liquid sandpaper. Great for exhausts.

Sounds like it'd be good for headlight haze before refining? Thus not having to use wet and dry paper.