ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T Mobile any good?

In all my years of having various mobiles, I have never used T mobile.

Anything in particular I should know about them?

I have been with orange the last 5+ years, so can't imagine they are much worse.

They offer a larger internet usage than other companies I am looking at, just unsure if there are other factors they are sneeky about that I should be aware of.

For ref, the package and phone I am interested in is the combi 40+ at £40.50 a month (18 monther) for a free HTC HD2 with unltd internet, 1000 mins and unltd texts.

DCi 100
My tmobile contract I had last year was alright, but awful deal tbh.

I could never get a signal on a particular sofa in the front room, anywhere in my ex girlfriends house and other random places. Rather annoying.

Infact the only good thing about the contract was the end, and the phone (w880i) I had/have still 2 years and 5 months later now.

Go cry to your momma!
That seems about fair for the amount of mins that're included.

I'd be inclined to buy the handset sim free and take out a sim only deal though, that way you're not tied in for long and your monthly out goings are less.

I've been with tmobile for the last 5 years or so (even whilst my employer was orange retail lol)
Found them to have excellent 3G coverage, better than o2..probably slightly better than orange.

Overall signal reception isn't amazing in remote places llike wales ;D

Customer services have always been pretty helpful too, I wanted HSDPA enabling a while ago and got passed straight to level 2 support, no messing about :)

My tmobile contract I had last year was alright, but awful deal tbh.

I could never get a signal on a particular sofa in the front room, anywhere in my ex girlfriends house and other random places. Rather annoying.

Infact the only good thing about the contract was the end, and the phone (w880i) I had/have still 2 years and 5 months later now.

Its like that in my house with orange, I can get it upstairs, and when its facing a certain way on the armrest of the sofa. In the basement at work a mile away I get full signal. Weird.

That seems about fair for the amount of mins that're included.

I'd be inclined to buy the handset sim free and take out a sim only deal though, that way you're not tied in for long and your monthly out goings are less.

I've been with tmobile for the last 5 years or so (even whilst my employer was orange retail lol)
Found them to have excellent 3G coverage, better than o2..probably slightly better than orange.

Overall signal reception isn't amazing in remote places llike wales ;D

Customer services have always been pretty helpful too, I wanted HSDPA enabling a while ago and got passed straight to level 2 support, no messing about :)

Sim only the handset would be 400 odd. I pay £30 a the mo and have half that amount of mins, not that I use them all, i'm telling myself that the extra tenner is worth it for the internet on it.

I have since found a deal with vodafone actually with 100 mins less, only 500mb internet (should be ample!) and is... 50p cheaper.

I did a coverage check and I should get excellent 3g coverage, so its down to these two companies now.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I have the same issue with my signal, on one side of the sofa it's fine, the other it won't pick anything up! I'm not a massive fan of them, the customer service isn't great and overall signal is nowhere near as good as Vodafone/O2 in my area.

Won't be staying with them when my contract finishes anyway.

'52 clio 1.2 16V
If ur not gonna use all the minutes the £31.50/month one has 300 less minutes but saves you £65 over the 18 months.

I've been with T-mob for almost 3 years now but only upgraded for the first time in sept. I did have problems with them not wanting to offer me anything better than i could get as a new customer but in the end a call to their cancellation department got me everything i wanted.

So far ive always had pretty good 3g signal and signal. Call quality seems to be fairly good aswell. Their contracts don't include voicemail calls (though im not sure if many do these days) which is abit annoying, but not a problem if nobody ever leaves you message.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I've been on tmobile for the last 5 years and found them good. Reception is good most of the time and the web+walk for £5 a month is very good. Every year they keep trying to put me from a 12 month contract to an 18 month one and take away my 20% discount for life away lol.
Few calls to the cancellation dept sorts it out so far though.