ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tailgating the 182!!

clio 182
i dont know if its just me bt i seem to be attracting an awful lot of people who just love 2 drive straight up my cars arse and sit there even though thers another car in front! i just dont get it lol, they all seem 2 be 17 in fiestas with lexus lights, i even had a full grown man in a 'dun up' KA driiving so close to i had to put my foot down, i know sumtimes im guilty of having the odd spirited drive but its starting to do my head in now, atlest have a car of similar performance spec to do it not 1.3 KA's lol

does this happen to any of u lot?

Just idiots trying it on as they probably know it's a 2.0 (or just assume it's a normal clio with two pipes out the back of it)

I get it sometimes in the vee too. My dad (with a mk2 172) gets it too.

With me people tend to see the car then automatically start driving like c0cks. The majority of boy racers round my way don't have a clue what things are really (some may even think it's a laguna engined body kitted clio ;) ) Oh wait .... it is !!!

Happend to me in the ph quick today! I was just driving in town in the rush hour in the rain and some complete ****** in a body kitted 1.2 corsa was glued to my bumper! Why do these guys feel the need? Blew him away as soon as the de-restricted sign appeared tho!

Clio 200
happens all the time to me too. think people confuse it as a 1.2 to be quite honest just love their face when you piss on their parade. as you say but usually daft wee boys in slow cars

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
It really winds me up because I know my brakes are a lot better than the idiot behind in his KA or Fiesta (insert other kevmobile) and if I had to slam my brakes on he'll write my car off by ploughing in behind me.

happens all the time to me too. think people confuse it as a 1.2 to be quite honest just love their face when you piss on their parade. as you say but usually daft wee boys in slow cars

I didnt see his face unfortunatly I was pulling away too quick!! ;)

Clio 182.
I think unfortunatley, a lot of people dont actually know how fast these cars are. Especially the young idiots who think they have the best car on the road lol.

Theres a lad at work who is convinced his 1.6 astra is faster than my 182 lol.

Mk3 SX
Some chimp was doing this to me last night on the way home from work. Either i slow down even more to annoy them or put my foot down to get them off my rear end. Either way i usually get the message across.

I like it. When it becomes time to get rid of the Clio, I will use one of these oppertunitys to slam on the anchors and get an insurance pay out!

LY V6 with Recaros
I didn't get it that much in the 182. I think they realised I was a girl and didn't bother.

I get alot of idiots with the vee though. I've had loads of people driving up my arse in 30mph zones and then overtaking along pedestrian parts. I just slow down and let them tbh, I can't be arsed with them. I'd rather they get well out my way if they're going to act like that.

visualize whirled pe
Thankfully that dosent happen in my unassuming 1.6 tbh.
I notice when other motorists see a small car or a classic car not wanting to be stuck behind it they pull out of junctions in front of you expecting you to be going slow, only to cause a near collision.

Had a nobber in a punto doing it to me last night. Swerving all over the road behind me trying to bait me. I couldn't go any faster there was a line of cars in front.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
used to happen all the time in the lotus! that much i got hit up the back side in my brand new 25k toy!! :( with only 1k on the clock! Tossa!!
anyway! doesnt happen as much in the clio! as i just normally put my foot down and loose the - depends on my mood LOL ;)

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Never happens to me? :(

Wish it did, because I'd give chase (when safe to do so)

RSC 172
I guess it happens everywhere. I get that quiet a lot here in OZ.

I love touching my brake just for the brake lights to light up, oh the way they break then is so hilarious :)

Nobody can drive in Adelaide! I feared for my life over there!!

Can't drive round corners though!! ;) Get on a bendy road in the hills and they slow right down for the bends.

german
Happens to me loads. Yesterday a girl in a Mini Cooper was all over me, came to a straight and she overtook. The audacity.

ST
Had it a few times in the R...usually mugs in 318/320's trying to prove that their replica 'mtec' wheels were worth the extra 2k..

Nimbus Megane R26
Had it the other day with a tool in a new civic type S ... sllloooowww!

Had a c**k in a new focus try it, looked like a 1.8 diesel ... let him overtake me where he did as it was dangerous..then blew past him when it opened up and looked at him and smiled.

Had a to-do with a new'ish beemer..dunno what it was but i pulled on him till 70 then after that it started catching up..he came along side me at lights at was impressed asking what engine it was etc. Like said, most think its a chavvy 1.2 lol

seat arosa 1.4 tdi
I guess they do it because they want you to put your foot down as its entertaining watching a fast car boot it, when i see a car i know is fast i always keep an eye on it incase it does anything interesting, saw a 911 boot it once and i loved it, the noise and evrything!

the best thing to do in this situation is;

sit at 20-25 mph in 1st, or 40ish 2nd etc, knowing they will try and take you, when they make a move, destroy them.

i did thid a lot years ago in my old astra gte 16v, one particular favorite was a car on my ass in a 40, slowed to 25 1st gear knowing he couldnt overtake cos of traffic, he had a gap and tried, and lost. he girlfriend didnt look too impressed when he pulled next to me at the next set of lights.

awesome

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I get this quite often in my 172, mostly happens in traffic. I ease off to get a decent gap to the car in front then I pull away from the car behind into the space i've created. Usually they get the message if not i'll give them a brake test!

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
I tend to get high end/proper quick cars angling for a burn up in the TVR, but in the Clio, it seems to be every chav in a max powered Corsa or Punto that is up my chuff trying to race me. Odd - as didn't really get it in the 172 Cup. Maybe it's the 'sexy' twin pipes at the back :-D

172 ph2
I never really get it in my 172 - I think maybe because it is so unassuming and there doesn't seem to by many around my area. I've never seen one local ! The flip side is I seem to surprise quite a few people who just think ahh it's a clio !

The only person who has properly tried to race me was some middle aged women in a 1.1l 106 !? I wouldn't have even bothered but she needless cut me up... twice.

Clio 172 mk2
Get it a bit in the 172, had to show some c0ck a clean pair of heels last weekend who decided he wanted to get into my boot!

LY 182
about as close to road rage as i get is caused by people tailgating me
makes me want to just slam on the brakes

sometimes i pull over and let them past it anoys me so much

BMW M4; S1000 RR
i dont know if its just me bt i seem to be attracting an awful lot of people who just love 2 drive straight up my cars arse and sit there even though thers another car in front! i just dont get it lol, they all seem 2 be 17 in fiestas with lexus lights, i even had a full grown man in a 'dun up' KA driiving so close to i had to put my foot down, i know sumtimes im guilty of having the odd spirited drive but its starting to do my head in now, atlest have a car of similar performance spec to do it not 1.3 KA's lol

does this happen to any of u lot?

That's just how people drive these days, don't think people are jealous of the 182.