ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tailgating the 182!!

By Bimmer has extra strong magnets to lock onto c**ts in French cars

And my Clio has an extra strong metal baseball back in the boot
that breaks up those C**ts in German cars while there stuck at the traffic lights

C63 AMG
i dont know if its just me bt i seem to be attracting an awful lot of people who just love 2 drive straight up my cars arse and sit there even though thers another car in front! i just dont get it lol, they all seem 2 be 17 in fiestas with lexus lights, i even had a full grown man in a 'dun up' KA driiving so close to i had to put my foot down, i know sumtimes im guilty of having the odd spirited drive but its starting to do my head in now, atlest have a car of similar performance spec to do it not 1.3 KA's lol

does this happen to any of u lot?

I have many spirited drives, but never in towns, cities or villages. I go where children in the done up 1.2 Clios, KAs, Corsas, Puntos and a like never go: areas of outstanding natural beauty where the roads are fast and quiet.

If I think someone is going to end up tailgating me, I'll keep pressing the brake until they get the message. If they come up and suprise me and stick to my back bumper they will receive various threatening gestures and perhaps a little word at the lights.

if its in a 30-40/built up area i just lay off the loud pedal and leave a good gap between me and the car in front so that if anything happens the chances of me having to break suddently are reduced. they soon get the idea that your not playing.

Id rather let someone over take me and be done with it. if they wanna drive like a t**t its their problem. not mine.

i usualy find its either 330's or 1*2's that sit up my arse and try to get me into races in built up areas. the 1.2 corsas etc just seem to stare and enjoy seeing the vee.

Clio 172 mk2
i dont know if its just me bt i seem to be attracting an awful lot of people who just love 2 drive straight up my cars arse and sit there even though thers another car in front! i just dont get it lol, they all seem 2 be 17 in fiestas with lexus lights, i even had a full grown man in a 'dun up' KA driiving so close to i had to put my foot down, i know sumtimes im guilty of having the odd spirited drive but its starting to do my head in now, atlest have a car of similar performance spec to do it not 1.3 KA's lol

does this happen to any of u lot?

That's just how people drive these days, don't think people are jealous of the 182.

+1

Some people will tailgate anything that is travelling slower than them

Usually I slow right down, f**king annoys them then leave them for dust when they don't expect it:D

That's just how people drive these days, don't think people are jealous of the 182.

+1

Some people will tailgate anything that is travelling slower than them

Usually I slow right down, f**king annoys them then leave them for dust when they don't expect it:D

Ditto. If people get dangerously close to me, I slow down. For two reasons, one being that I have to slow until the distance they have left becomes a safe distance (usually 15-20mph) and the other to piss them off to be frank.

When it becomes safe for them to overtake, I may occaisionally accelerate back up to the speed limit quicker than they can :eek: (if their car is quicker or they really are being a muppet I let them go though).

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get this much in my Cup, I think most of the local charvers have had a pop at some point or another and lost, badly.

Had an episode in my Omega recently, late night drive home on a very quiet (as in you could only see 2 or 3 other cars) A27 dual carriageway.

I was bimbling along with the cruise control set at 60 mph, as a car slowly closed up on me in lane 1. Now, the entire 2 lanes as far as could be seen in front and behind were empty, but he closed up, then closed up some more, until I couldn't see his number plate.

WTF? Why the f*** would you do that, all that space to drive your car safely, and he chose to drive 6 feet of my bumper!

So, I slowly dropped the speed on the cruise control to see how low I could go before they'd over take, and I got down to 38 mph before they did.

So off he goes, and I resume 60 mph on the cruise control...and guess what?

That's right, a mile later I passed him as he was now doing only 55 mph.

C*ck. Complete c*ck.

Nal

RS 182
I love to annoy them with long bursts of "over the roof" windscreen washing or slowing down to a crawl.

Someone should bring out some 007-type kit for situations like this....stuff like limited-range rear flame throwers or oil sprayers or a screen in the rear window that displays something like "WTF's your problem?"...hehe

I had someone do it to me once in my old punto. I was just driving along minding my own at 60 in a 60. Guy in a 406 gets within yards of me for no reason at all. I decided to ignore him and he stayed there for 2 miles so I started slowing down gradually. By the time I was at 40 he went past me and I decided to do the same to him, so put my foot down and sat on his boot. He started accelerating and we ended up going pretty quick (well, for a 406 and a punto anyway lol). I decided to leave it and slow back down but he carried on at speed opening the gap between us. Then as we went round a slight bend I saw his brake lights come on and saw a police man with a speed gun in the road trying to wave him down. He was going so quick he nearly ran the copper over. Once he stopped the copper ran down the road after him and just as I trundled past was getting the guy out of the car with a pissed off look on his face.

I left the scene innocently with the smuggest of smug grins :D

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeh don't get people that do that Mark.. It's almost like they don't even realise they're doing it either.

I have been known to move into lane 2, brake to get them infront, and do the same to them.

Clio 1.8 16v/Saab 93 Cab
TBH I prefer these types of drivers to be in front of me than behind.
When this happens to me if conditions permit I ease off the power and let the car slow down gradually, once almost to a complete stop (there was no other traffic on the road). The t**t eventually passed me.

172 Cup
I seem to get this all the time!!! What is it with lads in fiesta zetec s's??!! Maybe they dont like that i am girl therefore think that i wont put my foot down!? idiot chavs:rolleyes: