ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tar Removal

Astra (H) VXR
The road outside my house has just been resurfaced so haven't bothered washing my car until they finished as i though it was pointless because of the dust etc...

Just had it through the local hand car wash and it's covered in small spots of tar around the bottom of the doors and bumper....

What is the best product for getting it off? Or just a good scrub needed?

Thanks in advance.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Holts tar/grime remover is good stuff, spray it on, leave it for a minute, watch the tar melt, then wipe it off

Edit - Oh, and its actually bitumen, not tar :p

Astra (H) VXR
Yea my mate just said lighter fluid... Lol.. Would rather get something that's possibly more paint friendly.. Thanks though.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
APOWERLARGE10447_6040.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Autoglym intensive tar remover is better at removing tar than ironx. I use ironx then followed by Tardis in my details as ironx just doesn't remove it, maybe if you scrubbed at it.

A proper tar remover sprayed / wiped on will start to break down and dissolve the tar, simple requiring a 2nd wipe over.

autosmart tardis FTW

or if it's really stubborn try autosmart preptone ( basically tardis' bigger stronger brother )

Tardis will surfice though, i use it day in and day out at work and it's never let me down!

Z4
Autoglym intensive tar remover is better at removing tar than ironx. I use ironx then followed by Tardis in my details as ironx just doesn't remove it, maybe if you scrubbed at it.

A proper tar remover sprayed / wiped on will start to break down and dissolve the tar, simple requiring a 2nd wipe over.

Ive had a reads about this tardis, sounds good! On the shopping list.
Cheers for the heads up :)