ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tax

I didnt renew my tax on friday because i couldnt afford it until this Friday. I checked and im under the impression that you have two weeks grace to get it sorted? Is that true fellas? Dont want to get stopped by a coppa this week and fined or worse yet, get a letter in the post asking why i havent renewed it - and a fine!

Lee

BMW M2C

AFAIK there is no two weeks grace, they now just look on the system, see you havent purchased your road tax and if you havent filled in a SORN form they send you a bill.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 04 May 2004

AFAIK there is no two weeks grace, they now just look on the system, see you havent purchased your road tax and if you havent filled in a SORN form they send you a bill.
i agree with Lee on this one

Well, i foned the DVLA voice automated instruction phone system thingy (which is a good way of the DVLA making sure you cant actually speak to a human being) and it stated that the DVLA would not take any action against an individual for a period of 14 days after the renewal date. I would just prefer being able to speak to someone directly because the instructions down the phone were really messy and i couldnt tell what i should do!! The website also makes no mention what so ever about the 14 days grace part!

As far as i know you dont have two weeks grace, you used to, but not now.

Think they send the fine out as soon as teh tax expires and there is no renewal, or SORN, all automatic now

dk

911 GTS Cab

Since when have the police known what they were talking about though?

It all changed last month when they started on these automatic fines from the database, I personally wouldnt risk it and would buy it before the due date to be on the safe side. (unless you dont physically have the money, then you should buy it ASAP)

lets not forget that without valid TAX on your car your insurance is invalid!

Nissan Jewk

no what happens is they find out you havent paid, they come round your house whilst your sleeping and they steal your car....

on a serious note, AFAIK theres no grace purely on the basis of their new automated system. However, saying that, I know someone whos been driving with no tax for a good few months now, so the system cant be that up-to-date as yet

306 XLd

I think it takes about two months for the fine to come as my dad forgot to declare a mini as sorn but didnt get the letter until December time and tax ran out end of september. If you dont reply quick enough (i cant remember the days you have) you get fined even more!.