ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tell me I'm being stupid...

BMW E46 330i Touring
I was planning on spending £800-900 on a nice new set of wheels for the Bor-ing when I had a bit of a reality check and decided that I'm going back to standard with it. I never drive the thing and it's sole purpose is a motorway hack for the missus.

So, with potentially £800-1000 now "freed up"...

...do I get a second car? Valver-style.

It feels wholeheartedly irresponsible, but would actually solve a lot of problems with regards to both me and the missus having a car. I have a lot more important things to spend the money on, but they can wait!

Talk me out of it (or find me examples with this budget)!

:eek:

BMW E46 330i Touring
  Bumder With A Buffer
If I was in your position I'd buy a Valver.

I want to do the same but I also want an EVO too :eek:

Clio 1970000000
get a valver because boras are awfull, wouldnt waste money on wheels, especialy £1k

Boras are great cars..for the job they were made for. Had to sell my CTR and had a Bora for over 4 years until I could get a 197.

100% go for the valver. One went in the for sale section recently that looked :cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Should've bought Whiteleys Valver.

Was rediculously cheap and completely solid.

BMW E46 330i Touring
The thought only really came to me today and is still in its infancy but, yeah, I can already see that there's a bit of a lack of good ones and his was ridiculously bargainous!

Too soon though, won't be buying anything for a month at least.

Your mission, Dan, if you choose to accept it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'll accept it! :D

(Not fancy a Xsara VTS?? Poor mans Gti-6, got a cheap one!)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, I've always been a bit irrationally racist towards the Xsara's. I know and accept they're cracking cars, but can't stand them!

I'd have a 306 GTi6 / Rallye if you can find a good one of those for under a grand!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah I don't know why I bought the s**t to be honest. I may take it to the ring and purposely crash it and leave it there.