ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temporary brake leak fix?

Clio 172 Cup
So I have a leak in my rear right brake caliper. I have a full remanufactured set of calipers on order, but it'll be a couple of weeks before they arrive. Do I have any options between leaving it until the new stuff arrives versus getting it all fixed, but then replacing the caliper in a couple of weeks anyway? Is there a temporary option?

FF Clio 182
Temporary fix and brakes don't go well together. What is actually wrong with it ? Could either replace the line if that is leaking or pick up a second hand caliper and fit that. Wouldn't bodge it.

Last thing you want is to bodge it then you slam on the brakes and all the fluid comes out the rear....

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Yeah, bodged brake fixes or pi55 poor advice doesn't belong when it comes brakes and stuff..

Do it right or don't bother..

Hasn't anyone got a spare one kicking about for a loan till yours turn up? It'll be quicker to swap over and bleed.. I'm sure one of cliosports finest will hook you up.. I've loaned out wheels, hubs, turbos and a 106 in the past.. That's what car clubs are all about...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As you're running a 172 Cup with no ABS - it's a no brainer as it's cheap to sort. Pretty much any garage worth it's salt would be able to rectify the leak.

Clio 172 Cup
Cheers Darren. Have found a spare caliper, local garage fitting it for me tomorrow. Sorted.