ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ten of the best

Clio16V
elvington airfield today. only 10 minutes away so popped round to inhale rubber smoke.

here's a few pics.

Yellow skyline ran 1 1/4 at 203.9mph.
there was a micra in the 12's aswell.

th_6930f8bf.jpg

S3700045.jpg

S3700042.jpg

S3700038.jpg

S3700037.jpg

S3700031.jpg

S3700029.jpg

S3700028.jpg

S3700020.jpg

S3700019.jpg

S3700016.jpg

S3700015.jpg

S3700013.jpg

S3700008.jpg

S3700007.jpg

S3700004.jpg

S3700006.jpg

S3700005.jpg

S3700003.jpg

S3700002.jpg

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Billytheclio's (Sarah's) gone to this looked good from the pics :)

Last edited:
  Clio16V
it had a really good turn out aswell the car park was full of japcans but not sitting on the back of a metro.
so that was worth a good smooch about.

hopefully some one else got more pictures there was a granada pulling 11 or 12 aswell.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
Yellow skyline ran 1 1/4 at 203.9mph.
there was a micra in the 12's aswell.

th_6930f8bf.jpg

sorry m8 but the skyline ran a TOP SPEED of 203.9 not a quarter mile:eek:. was a wicked day thou, what was you in?

Clio16V
sorry m8 but the skyline ran a TOP SPEED of 203.9 not a quarter mile:eek:. was a wicked day thou, what was you in?

sorry mate but do you think a car can set off at 203.9mph...nah!:rasp:

cheeky b1-atch!

take it you went? i went in my mates 106 rallye if thats what your asking.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Nah i didnt go mate, i know its got a supercharged chevvy lump and 750bhp @ the wheels tho lol

Nippy white cup
I saw a couple of clios while I was there. Saw a valver with dark turbines, saw a trophy and a williams 2 as well.

My m8 was running in his mk1 scirrocco Storm. A bit unfair really as he was in the same the same class as andy forest and Norris Designs Evo....he won all his races and got a 10.33 1/4mile but seeing as the big boys were in the low/mid 9`s he didn't get into the final 4 in his group......

Was a great day and the weather was spot on...started raining right at the end of the day

Chris

Chris

Clio16V
i luckily got undercharged when i bought a cheese burger and a bottle of coke with a ten pound note and recieved £7.50 back :p.
very expensive for what you were getting.
its like i went to be a food critic on there food....ill be quiet now. haha

did you not see my post above i wanted to know what that had in it! i saw it run it was really fast.
i heard the commentator mention something about the drivers own work.

Nippy white cup
Ahh sorry m8 I didn't click the link. It is a 1.8t running an audi TT 4wd setup. It is in the latest issue of Performance VW. It really is amazing what he can do..used to be 2wd but 'simply' put a 4wd system in...made the manifold to suit etc

Chris

Nippy white cup
The link doesn't work m8y..but if it was Jordys VW he didn't spin off..he was winding up for a top speed run and his headgasket went..not sure of the damage yet as I haven't spoke to him yet :(

Chris

Nippy white cup
Aye...He though he could smeel trouble the run b4 but he though it was a bit of oil out of somewhere else. Pity as he has a different final drive now....good for 220mph although he obviously wouldn't have hit that high

Chris

Clio16V
ahh right, i thought he had span off. the engine ok then cant imagine what the valves are going to look like with it going at them speeds.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup

sorry mate but do you think a car can set off at 203.9mph...nah!:rasp:

cheeky b1-atch!

take it you went? i went in my mates 106 rallye if thats what your asking.

what ya mean set off at 203.9mph? i meant that the skylines top speed was 203.9mph, if he did a quarter mile with a terminal speed of 203.9mph he`d be running about 7`s! there was only 1 car there capable of that and that was the white duke R33 skyline that runs 8 second quarter`s.:rolleyes:

yeah i went, me m8 was running his dog boxed gen3 rx7 with green alloys, he ran a 10.7 and thats nearly 600bhp! my clio was parked in the car park, "R172 CUP" :rasp:. was a really gud day.

ta ra, foxon.:D

Clio16V
i wrote 1 1/4 miles though not 1/4 mile.
nevermind anyway.
didnt see yours but i wasnt prepared to walk round the whole car park couldnt believe the turn out. there was some nice cars in the car park all with blooody cliffords beeping all the time.

Titanium 182 FF
Are these events advertised anywhere?
I cant find anything about elvington on the web.