ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tensioner Collapse!

172 SPORT PH2
ok so driving along, and all electrics / power steering and brakes cut out, i nearly crashed into another car in very icy conditions, pulled over and it cut out, so i treid starting it again, it made a right racket, big tapping sound... the rac came and said it is a possible tensioner collapse! not a belt snap.. the tapping sounds could be my fucked valve thingys!

great...

172 SPORT PH2
so the guy got back to me on this, he says its gonna cost over a grand repairs!! f**king hate that part!!! looking for a engine now!

Clio TCe + Corsa VXR
I was under the impression your car had really low mileage ( late 25k ish a year or so ago) . Has it had the belts etc done ? If not its done well to last 8+ years before terminal failure !

Skoda Fabia vRS
as already mentioned, if its never had the belts done, then they would be overdue and its no shock to me that its failed, they DO fail if they are left unchanged