ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tensioner Help?

Ph1 Clio 172
Finally managed to get my idler pulley and drive belt fitted after many swear words and coming up with a crazy contraption to pull the spring back, only to find out there appears to be a slight problem, the belt it hitting of the tensioner on the left hand side. dunno if it'll settle of what. no sure what to do?!

Now Sold :-(
1. Don't start the engine
2. Wait for one of the professionals to come along and tell you what you've done wrong

Clio sport 182
Mine did this and it was because the tensioner was knackered, needs a new one, full kit from renault dealership is £72 all in with tensioner, idler and belt.
easiest way to release tension on tensioner is to put the jubilee clip around the coil spring housing and tighten.
search for it on the forum loads of threads about it

AG 200 cup
New tensioner? That one does look a little rusty on the metal, if you've changed the belt your better off having a new tensioner aswell, the tensioner could be the problem?

Ph1 Clio 172
went out and swapped the belt on the idler pull so its going over and seams to have solved the problem, i will get a new tensioner in the near future, cheers for the reply guys :)