ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Terrible Day

Clio RT
Started work on my car today at around 11am, firstly i thought i'd lower the back end by adjusting the torsion bar as i've just bought some 55mm spax springs and some 15"alloys off a friend. So to sum up i was expecting to have a nice lowered car by the end of the afternoon/day.
Earlier i went to buy the bolt i needed to carry out the work on the torsion bar, after going to diy shop and buying what my friend said were the "right bolts" i found out that it wasn't the right size bolt..gutted. so i decided to try and make work on the front springs, managed to get the first bolt from the damper half way off till it decided to SNAP..once again, gutted :(
Really P'd off at this point so with me having some nice grooved discs ready to be put on i thought i'd put them on, just to get some sort of acheivement out of the day but nooo....The calipers wouldn't open up enough to fit the discs in. GUTTEEDDDD. Cars water pump has been buggered for a week now so its been sitting outside my house all this time till monday when its getting fixed:) Totally rubbish day, waste of effort. hopefully be able to get the torsion bar sorted tomorrow with the RIGHT BOLT and im gonna buy some bolts to replace the other three bolts i pressume im gonna snap for the dampers. Discs will be getting put on at the garage on monday so ill have done the majority of the work.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
exactly what i need to do to mine, but haven't done it becuase i think the exact same is going to happen to me too.

Its all part of modding mate, it'll eventually get sorted and you'll be buzzing about it.

Have you got spring compressors? we could meet up some day to fit both :D

BG182®
That's a bummer of day mate. We all have them :(

I didn't know the MK1's use torsions bars.
Thought that was just the Pugs and Cits.