ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Terrydb's Clio 172 / GW200

Clio 200 full fat
Right after having my 172 for 6 months now i thought it is about time i made a thread and gave a little story about my car and my clio history my first car was an 54 plate 1.4 dynamique which i loved such a lovely car and i was soo happy when i got it. here is a picture from the day i got it :D photo 3.JPG Sadly At the time i was mechanic apprentice and being a 1.4 at 17 it was to expensive so i had to sell it and i bought a 1.2 corsa d sxi :dead: dont get me wrong it was a nice car but i just missed my clio after goin in to car sales as a job and having a comapany i decided it was time to get another clio i always wanted a 172 and before you know it i went out and bout this one :D image.jpg some people might recognise the car as AlexW helped me get this car it had a snapped aux belt which took the cambelt with it so we bough it cheap and then alex rebuilt the engine and we did a few other bits along the way 6 months on still in love with my car there has been a few bits and bobs that have been done the list goes on and on lol but i wanted to get the car as mint as i can its still a working progress the bits i have left to do are as follows

*change my windscreen as it has a crack in :(
*De-cat :)
*lowering springs 40mm
*change my exhaust hanger
*cam seals need to be re-done as the car has an ol leak Under the cam cover :(

Hopefully all of this will be done at the end of march there is soo much mechanical bits that already have been replaced but i will tell you guys about them as and when i get the chance to update this A little bit more My aim for my car is to get it as clean as possible i dont think its bad for 102k its also on an 02 plate aswell under the private plate has full history to :) one extra alex to fit for me which i love is cruise control alex already had all the buttons i just had to get the airbag and the new squibb There is soo much i could write on here but i will stop now before i bore everyone and i will update soon until then here is some pictures of my 172 and friend ParisPeach car Thanks For Reading terry :) photo 4.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Clio 200 full fat
Hows she running now mate? Whats the plans for her
Not to good atm after the meet the other night my gearbox went again so I'm getting it done atm then at the end of the month getting the list above done then I'll look in to a few other bits I want to do

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Not to good atm after the meet the other night my gearbox went again so I'm getting it done atm then at the end of the month getting the list above done then I'll look in to a few other bits I want to do

Have you got a box lined up? a guy is breaking a 172 on CSOC fb group

Clio 200 full fat
UPDATE:

so few things to update ive been so busy with work recently i havent had the time to update on here as some people know sadly My gearbox died in the 172 its believed the clips that hold the drive shaft in where missing and the killed the box i did buy another box which was in the car how ever when we had a look it had a diffrent speedo drive so i had to rebuild my old gearbox which now has the improved gears from the 182 the car was off the road for 3 weeks which left me in a 140k red combo van :( while this happend i decided that i needed to buy everything i need to finish my car of mechanically and body work wise once and for all so my parts list was as follows :)

*de-cat pipe
*centre exhaust Hanger
*x2 yokohoma S-drives
* door pull on the inside
*Bonnet sensor
*replace windscreen
*lowering Springs 40mm
*driverside re-spray
*remove all pin dents

will the car was off the road i got all these bits ordered and as soon as she was okay to drive again i set about getting here booked in :) as of this week she is now lower de-dented re-sprayed new windscreen and everything fitted (except) for the de-cat as i am struggling to remove the old cat bolts i have also changed the brake fluid (which was Black) so all is well with the clio as the week draws to an end as of next week hopefully the de-cat will be fitted and finally the cam seals will be re done :( only thing left then will be to source the knocking from the driver side Believed to either the rack bushes or ball joint and or the top of the struts pictures to follow tonight :)

Clio 200 full fat
Update *

so I still really haven't had the chance to keep this up to date atm :( been working a lot recently so here is all the pictures I have taken recently and the stuff that I've been up to with the clio (she has a name but I will be killed if I say it ) lol anyways I finally managed to free the cat bolts which. Meant that my de-cat is now on The sounds is amazing I love it I also had my cam seals and belt re done as the leaking was down to the wrong seal being used which meant the de-phaser was not sitting on properly and therefore caused a major oil leak so with a new belt and the cam seals re-done my car is leak freee :) I've been working every chance I can recently as I wanted to make my car a really clean example for the summer so I've been working on the car any chance I could get after work one thing that has been bugging me was the faded rear window oval trim so I went to Renault and got one for £2.90 which I was quite pleased with the problem I faced was the common rear wiper arm not coming off I knew if I wanted it done I would have to bite thy bullet and snap it off so I did after a trip to my local breakers and £6 later I had a new clean arm and trim :) here are all the photos I have image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 94
  Clio 200 full fat
image.jpg Had some trouble with my iPad I do have some more pictures to come soon :) Paris peach came round last night bought a set of 182 wheels and we thought we would have a go at trying to refurb them ourselves :) tbh they went well we gave them a spray up to hide some of the curbing we didn't expect them to go as well as they did there not 100% but they still do the job :) pictures to come soon guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    672.7 KB · Views: 104
  Clio 200 full fat
so not much to really update here atm as some of you guys know from facebook i had someone reverse into me luckily it was at work and on camera even tho the person is not paying for i got it through my company here are some of my pictures from the damage tbh its nothing major but i decided i wanted my whole bumper doing as it was goin through the company

Last edited:
  Clio 200 full fat
IMG_0870_zps19b5c1ea.jpg
IMG_0871_zpsaba0eefe.jpg
these are the pictures from after the paint was re-done on the bumper i was really impressed with it :) that Night i got the car home and decided to give the car a proper clean with a clay bar sadly didnt get any pictures of this but i did have some of when i finished the car
IMG_0851_zpsdb8d897a.jpg
IMG_0850_zps92738bce.jpg
IMG_0849_zpsbb11541e.jpg
IMG_0848_zps13a33031.jpg
IMG_0847_zpsc0651eb3.jpg
tbh there isn't really that much mechanical jobs to update on my clio the car has been running smoothly and all is well the only thing i had left to do was replace the rack so i found one on here for a good price thanks to a member and sent the old girl away to be done while this was away my mum was on holiday and left me here car which i took advantage of :) it did however mean i was a traitor for week .....i even had the cheek to go french vs german at brands hatch in it :eek:
IMG_0875_zpsea064974.jpg
IMG_0874_zps54b194cc.jpg
few pictures there with me and paris one night whilst i had the car my mum had driven over loads of tar and the whole car was a damn mess and for a car that was not even a year old and was my 2nd love a bmw *(i know Im sorry ) i had no choice but to clean it :) so i clayed this aswell but i did not finish till 10pm so this is the only picture i have
IMG_0881_zps269b6330.jpg
but in exchange when my mum came home she bought me a little treat which i shall be having a go with tomorow as there are still some fine lines i need to get out
IMG_0886_zps6a3bf939.jpg
also guys the last photos i have are of the wheels that me and paris re-furbed like i said in the post last time i updated we wasnt really that fused about how they came out atm it was more to just hide the curb marks anyways here are the results
IMG_0825_zpsee350f7c.jpg
IMG_0829_zps4c4e6a05.jpg
there is one spoke that ran when we put the laquer on but since then i have sanded this back and it will be re-done till next time :) Terry

Last edited:
  Clio 200 full fat
so finally bit the bullet the other night and decided to have a crack at the headlights there wern't bad in the fist place but i wanted a few of the faint lines gone
133F948F-FA11-4802-8F8F-B1D672E46407_zpss7kvgf28.jpg
my first thought after this was uh oh but then the end result came
DD0C6BE0-87BC-40FE-97CB-B425843C022C_zpsagwnkywk.jpg
and i was pretty pleased with my self :) i then decided that i just could not take the shocking renault speaker any more so i bought some componets
D853EB96-31D7-41E0-B099-EF9D296D027F_zpsocxteol3.jpg
now i am no good with electronics so i bought this clever little adapter
D877D122-E135-4BCB-BB5A-B683041158AE_zpsqrtofj20.jpg
dash out
A0602E99-429D-4916-901F-551016B3B39B_zpsrhghcqoi.jpg
fitted the tweeters they actually fitted was a bit snug but still :)
B5833191-C015-4C08-A465-3077F1CD0F07_zps3sjqh7g9.jpg
i must say this system i probably one of the best i had in a car before and i cannot rave enough about how good the sound quality is and value for money aswell couple of days later i then recieved this in the post :clap:
DE195663-743E-421F-9E13-24D69B3B96F7_zpsvpauzrqb.jpg
cant wait for french car show first year that ive been and i cant wait. sticker in the window to go with from last year that i did not go to lol
13F96376-2A6E-4372-B102-0EA7FF07B4BB_zpsqr9yrffv.jpg
i also had a small issue this week where my passenger window would not work had a look at the fuses and they where all ok in the end it turned out it was faulty window switch on the driverside so all is well and working again :) also in other news this week again not a clio but still worth a picture my dads jag has now been returned to his company so he poped in to me at my mercedes garage this week and i sold him this bad boy
FCE7D133-251F-4B67-8A1B-BCC07BD2B8D7_zpsmutdjwnw.jpg
yep its a c63 amg (6.2l) even tho it says 6.3 lol v8 picking this car up tomorow my word these are such an epic car i drove one a few months back when i first started here and was raving about it to him really is a crazy bit of kit anways more soon terry

Clio 200 full fat
so its been a while since i updated this the clio has been running a long ok had a few little things to do recently before christmas i noticed that my rads wernt in the best condition and i thought i might hold out a little while before i had them changed so i had two weeeks off from work and decided now was a good a time as every to get them done and get my ac regassed now its all nice and cold :cool: while we was there i spotted that my aux belt was fraying pretty bad it turned out that the plastic alternator pulley was to blame as it was cracked so after a trip down to mark fish who is just brilliant he reconed my alternator with a 182 metal pulley and new aux belt i was good to go i also bought two new arch liners as the others had split and got tatty :) with all these bits done the car is finally mechanically where i want it to be which is all good which ment there was money left over for this
D23D7A81-B415-40E4-91CE-90544726E281_zps8zoypehd.jpg
CUP SPOILER BABY WOOHOO after a while of telling my self i dont need one this one came up already in iceberg silver so off i went to Enfield and fitted pretty much asap haha it was also just in time as my mates wedding was the next day and i was best man so i gave her a good clean
5D9BC781-347C-4FC9-BC26-A691DA6DA797_zps5s3csrvm.jpg
46418CBA-8C1A-4D62-9B58-7DCA46E45AF8_zpsmrzbkjds.jpg
i must admit she pretty much did non stop driving for 3 days carrying people to and from wedding rehearsals churches etc and she never missed a beat and i know im probably goin to get some stick for this haha but im sooo happy and in love with my car the way it is atm i am really pleased how it has turned out and now with the addition of the c63 it makes for an epic driveway lol
9E2CFCDD-1CAE-4810-8F80-22632D6067EC_zpsgjqn1stx.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 200 full fat
UPDATE*

so a few bits to be done recently another pay check = a few more clio parts :) first off ever since i got my car its always had a ripped carpet and even though its hidden by a mat it bugs the hell and the problem being my car is a 2001 build ph2 so it has a small handbrake trim luckily Renparts knew what i was on about and sorted me a new one at the same time my drivers shock needed doing so i bought that aswell (passenger side done in january) here are the pictures old vs new carpet
8403F2A7-4380-4A2E-A7DD-855AA1EC31D6_zps0ligst9j.jpg
1C372605-41AF-4119-9972-0F1D9D1A8846_zpsgro1fj47.jpg

whilst i was here sorting out these little niggles on the car my wheel always had one thumb grip till last one when the other died aswell so i saw the thumb grip thread from russo because i wanted to keep the oem look on the wheel i had to have these so i fitted these yesterday thanks Russo These are a really good fit good quality and a decent price /service :) BEFORE
504F4A08-BFB7-431A-9D02-1046F1208633_zpsbzris5br.jpg
AFTER
F1793D19-D692-41D8-9DAA-C57E5F9F7540_zpsbmwff56g.jpg
the whole idea with my is to get it as clean as possible for a 13 year old car and i would like to think that its there now but it does need two more things to do which are

*sort the plastic on the door Barrel as it has come off and key just Turns
*Polish n/s wing mirror

more soon :)

Clio 200 full fat
Update :

so after fitting the carpet and doing the thumb grips next up was the shock obsorber on the driverside its been leaking so when i bought the carpet i ordered shocks so i ran the car down to my old garage i use to work at unforunatly the m11 had other plans for me
7139B5E5-EC29-4A81-9550-7F73D974D1CF_zpsnmkcuya6.jpg
4 hours i was stuck like this for which ment i had to leave the car with my old work mate for him to do the shocks and get another mode of transport to work. once the car was back shocks done and lambda out as it was making the car over fuel i had a busy monday / tuesday ahead of me with the clio first off the driverside mirror was hazed over so i mopped it back with fast cut 3m and then re laqured (sorry no pictures of these bits) then for the last week and a half i have had this loud drone sound coming from the car had this checked by a few places id had a bearing 3 months ago on the driverside after putting up a few post turns out they can go again so booked the car in with a local near me aaron smith really nice guy and did me a decent price according to aaron it was the drierside bearing ...interestingly enough the bearing i had paid to get done a few months before had not be done it was still the orignal bearing in there it took 10 tonnes to get out i do find it weird how it never made that drone noise for all that time and only came about 2 weeks ago lucky the wheel didnt come off when i drove my kid brother to school ! once this got sorted the car was as smooth as you like and no drone :clap: while this was going on i ordered the clio some presents as its now done 10k since its last service thanks to adam @renault wolverhampton :)
6C9EB6C7-41E6-46B6-9136-410BCFF1A41C_zpszco6sa6q.jpg
luckily the rain held off what b*****d the oil filter is to get off specially when the engine is still hot :( never the less off it came
E542270B-303D-4F0A-A071-05205EEE34B7_zpsywmzuhst.jpg
replaced with a nice genuine filter also i decided to get rid of my piper cross filter in place a new paper one went in
7B789394-C1FB-4060-9D1F-E86FC1D4A14A_zpsw9sh8jjr.jpg
my car is too low to get under so here are my special clio ramps :)
21FB56D5-C680-49A9-8688-3E7BEC2D4481_zps4fwyhj8y.jpg
then elf oil was put in
604FD38E-7B0A-4DA4-AA8F-C5BF8A430B77_zpsia7fzha6.jpg
after this my door barrells had never worked all they did was turn and this again really annoyed me so i took the door cards off barrels out and soaked in wd40 sure enough they all work perfect now so i can use the key in the door for emergencies :) then i gave the car a quick service wash :)
802C5995-AAF1-48FA-82EC-D54F9ECDF16C_zpsiehmqig3.jpg
now the spring,bearing,lambda plug taken out and a full service has been done the car actually seems to pull a lot quicker then it did i belive this is down to the lambda to be honest as it was putting the eml light on and making the car over fuel its soo much better now :) the only thing left to do to my car is fit the new renault gasket kit i got for the exhaust which i will try and do tomorow more soon :)

Clio 200 full fat
UPDATE : been busy lately with a few things clio related first off was my engine bay it was looking a bit of a mess and didn't go when Alex worked on the car he took all the bits off and painted them so they looked fresh but the sound deadening at the back was goin brown and looked a mess so I decided to rip it out
72716D15-90C3-4D6B-BE14-1852552E3566_zps5qce2fpc.jpg
then I decided to paint the front diamond black as I had seen a few clio's with it and I thought it looked smart
18039787-EBB0-4791-82D4-A70E88C40206_zpsb1ujidtn.jpg
I think It looks a lot cleaner and sportier on the front now .....and then this happened :(
8B8A2971-F22E-429C-8528-B6F792110BF1_zpsrmacwqtt.jpg
5F42C695-D308-41AD-BA6A-F079D6C7C9A7_zpsviomfsa8.jpg
FEAEA7CF-ED50-4132-B008-A35EEA66BD6A_zpscraser3q.jpg

near me there is a road which use to be 40 mph but it's now 30mph and the police hide in the bus stop behind a blind bend there so last Wednesday on my way to work I'm driving down there cruise set at 32mph I see a silver Merc coming up must of been doing about 70 he decides to over take me on this bend a blind bend and almost put me up a Kurb to which I beeped at him and swore he gets out I screaming in my face get out of the f ing car I say no so he smashes my window and goes to grab my next telling me he is going to kill me with this he pulls out to do more damage to me and the car so I floored it down the road hid and called the police :( glass was everywhere and all over the car and with all the things that have gone wrong with the car not only did this frighten me it put me off the car as I felt it had brought some bad luck with it unfortunately so a day later I told my mum about buying a new car and told her if I do change the only thing I will go for is another Renault sport clio but either a 197 or 200 looking on the net a few nice ones came up but to far away and i remembered a 197 at a local garage near me so I popped down there to find this had been sold and found this
A8A266B1-95DA-4F04-B5C6-F00CB57D1E14_zps3dci6s3b.jpg
:) it was a 200 with cup pack sat-nav and tints so I bought it the reason I bought it was because it was clean for the age and had done 39k was bought at smc Renault Woking and it had been seen by them every year and no expense spared new continentals all round
1E704183-B6C0-482E-834B-E60C113EB524_zpsatdereua.jpg
CB28121D-754F-4143-ABF8-356E715A76AF_zps1697xgsk.jpg
I've had a week off work due to my eye being seriously bad so the only time I have properly driven her was yesterday after going to my doctors man what a car it doesn't feel faster then the 172 but it feels a lot stronger safer and better put together and from reviews there's literally seconds between them but it really is an all round epic car plans for this are

*black badges
*cup spoiler

but these will be later on possible even next year :) any ways more soon terry

Clio 200 full fat
Re: The story of my iceberg 172 /glacier white 200 :)

Update

few little things to update with the 200 (rolo) yes i have named this one to when i picked up the car the trims on the pillars were not at there best so i asked the dealer to get me some new ones cleaned all the old ones of and this was the result
F3AD5D10-3B0B-4709-B176-92F3896AC87E_zpsurn0mpxz.jpg
i wasnt happy with this and i didnt think it looked good so back off they came and replaced with carbon fibre
941EA79B-580A-4915-A32F-68EC56282D73_zpsbcmrnapv.jpg
:) much better i also did buy new seals aswell ..i just forgot to picture them :( i also took a trip to mark fish for him to give the car a once over and he gave it the thumbs up which made me very happy i also spotted this little gem WILLIAMS
6E0053D2-F880-4CBD-B139-90F6B35E129B_zpsu1wugka0.jpg
i'm pretty sure when i was at kwik-fit 3 years ago i worked on this car looking at the exhaust was a stunning car whilst this was going on i got the go-ahead to put my plates back on :rasp: so i cleaned all the sticky tape off and screwed the new plates on i decided to go with gb ones as i think they suited the car
0136C102-DD99-4686-887D-5BC453120945_zpspg0ejwai.jpg
FF36AF25-0302-465E-ADEF-7CDA5265DF10_zpsvuoxniax.jpg
after this i obviously cleaned the car up :)
017EA191-578C-4362-BE97-1E93309FD945_zps67dw80hi.jpg
2E52C754-D34F-4B03-9AE5-72AF0BA23DA9_zpsfvl0f7cx.jpg
the car itself is all running well took her to surrey last night did about 200 mile round trip and i have done 800 miles since i got her and it has not missed a beat renault really know how to make a Rs really is an amazing car i also keep geting other clios park next to me at work the guy in service (owns a mk3) wants me to take him for a spin in it
FCC73CDB-E8EE-43BD-AE31-71E7B88F5ABE_zpswapmxcis.jpg
more soon guys

Clio 200 full fat
So time to do a update kind of neglected to updates this as there is any thing to do really other then a few little bits that bugged me haha i guess i start here with this sensor
BD53FFDA-AD5B-4482-B59F-30D259DF599A_zpswgt5exfg.jpg
its a common thing with 197/200's that they are a bit losse and give a flat spot about 2.5k so i took it out to try and seal it but they can break no matter how careful i tried to get it out the little bugger snapped
C48419BF-6030-444C-AF70-DF2AC4301CCE_zpsnep9rige.jpg
so £50 later bought a new sensor put some sealant on just to be safe and its all good :) i then started to attack the wiper juddering that i had so cleaned them all out after finding this lovely puddle of crap and greased the arms up
73B0020E-EC24-4E2D-95C1-9E59CC3D4392_zps6xgjese7.jpg
then up and till a week ago that was about it for time looking after the car then it was my birthday and it turns out its was time to put more time in to the car :clap: thanks to ParisPeach i got this little birthday treat
783158E7-F64B-4DC6-A381-24426A56BF5F_zpspm1i2n1r.jpg
it really finishes the wheel off i also bought a Rs gearknob but this has not come yet and a M A D foot rest as it bugged the hell out of me that i had no where to rest my foot and the carpet kept folding
CF2C89A6-F5D6-48A0-A941-D02F49443CBE_zpsppqorrnh.jpg
another thing had been brought to my attention was the CHECK ESP light that randomly kept coming up on my dash after plugging the car in to a clip machine i then found out it was a throttle problem and being that its only once in a while i thought best to check the throttle body and low and behold
D6B34B82-9259-4303-820D-B8BDE79041A9_zpsplcc1h81.jpg
not the best picture as it doesnt really show how dirty it was but it was caked in crap when i first took the pipe off show with the help of my brother i gave it a good clean out using throttle body cleaner and it seems to have done the trick i also noticed when moving my passeger seat back the airbag light comes on so i cut the cable tie off the wire to re position it and that also seems to have done the trick not as its not streaching the wire and pulling it out of the plug here are some photos of the clean i did to it before trax
D24AF625-8081-461E-BBAE-1F7B8B250157_zpsltooyrym.jpg
15ACCD33-3B1C-4909-965F-AEFCCB9496B7_zpsozla0oge.jpg
DB48F85C-6F1D-47F0-8EFC-955A5EF38C32_zpsaa6sthpf.jpg
91F7ACA9-46E3-43D3-BA0E-300E5BF4867D_zpsnbewduiy.jpg
early start :)
38113EE0-A9B7-4157-9841-E7E46C08D900_zpskbecowfl.jpg
and one with some of its relatives
9F7B0028-9E5D-493E-B200-127FAEBDEA98_zpsd9hzh1ic.jpg

Clio 200 full fat
Thought I best updates after a few months away enjoying life with the 200 I quit my job working for Mercedes as I had way to much family stuff going i just couldn't cope so I left to take some time and think about my career so I took a month out first off I had the seals on the 200 redone under warranty (roof ones ) as the lacquer was coming off whilst there my handles where damaged so Renault put brand new ones on which was happy days :) while I've been away I've just really wanted to keep the car in really good order so some stuff didn't need doing ASAP but as I had a break I thought I'd do it before I got tied down so here is the stuff I have done since September
- stripped rear brakes and painted the drums on the discs
-new door handles
-led interior
*Winter prep*
- new wipers
- new headlight bulbs (Philips xtreme vision)
- coolant change as due on age of the car
- Renault interim service as hadn't done enough miles for a full service so I had the small + I get discount now
- n/s ball joint had slight play but I thought best to get done ASAP
- slight issue with yaw sensor kept giving dodgy reading so replaced under warranty
- black front diamond
- washed and sealed with car pro reloaded for winter

So I have been pretty busy with the car seems like a lot there but to be honest it was just little things that didn't need doing I just wanted to do them :) the only problem was the yaw sensor but apart from that the car Is all well and good at the moment not really any plans for the 200 at the moment I've just decided I want to keep the car a really clean example hopefully with a few subtle upgrades I am looking at getting a new exhaust system not to sure when at the moment hopefully first half 2015 it was either between arkapovic or scorpion both cat back resonated as I don't want it to loud just a bit deeper / sportier I think I will go for scorpion as I just can't justify £1,000 on the arka here are the recent photos of the car :) hope you enjoy

68a4537df1d9adad225742a9d544397b_zps1713e227.jpg

79e3a9fc215052ec53002fe5aa563e4e_zpsb54e730c.jpg

2610d9b58321a09bfe76c95f26a88628_zps2e4ef1e0.jpg

cc6efccd03bcdc076bff2dd24e32b885_zps50552e73.jpg

Nice upgrade. I've wanted a 200 for 5 years now but can't justify their cost just yet.

You sure you didnt speed up a bit lol
I had someone do something similar..spotted a bmw overtake four cars and a lorry on a single carriageway double lines stretch of road and as he hung off my bumper while I was doing the legal limit (60 mph) I waited till he went to overtake and floored it in third LOL pissed him right off. That said on the rare occasions they do get out they usually get greeted to a 30 year old army man and not the 20 year old they were expecting :D

Last edited:
  Clio 200 full fat
Thanks mate yeah it's a nice car i did love the 172 but I do much prefer this now I'm really happy with it and nope I did not speed up even now still can't believe it happened one thing it has made me more cautious though hence why I now have a dash cam

There are some assholes out there trust me. I am but only to the assholes! Im that guy that when that bmw is up the ass of a pensioner....I then give him a taste-im the anti-asshole lol

That sounds so wrong :S

Clio 200 full fat
Little update here been moving in to my new house it's closer to work saves me time and fuel so been filling up with super and it really does make the 200 a lot smoother I also wasn't to sure if the brake fluid had ever been changed Renault wanted £40 to do it but tbh I already had everything there to do it my self so I set about doing this after it was confirmed by the original dealer who have seen it every year it hasn't been done so it's the cars first brake fluid change
3F906A45-4F3E-4FD6-B6A0-071D86CE1E50_zpsnb4vgepa.jpg
pedal feels better again which is good especially with the roads as wet as they are at the moment also poped down to a local meet with a friend
9D41CB99-909C-4BD4-A4AD-41BD39434069_zpsaaygwkc8.jpg
hopefully more soon :)

Clio 200 full fat
time for a little update this month i haven't really done that much to the clio since moving all ive really done is just try to keep it clean
before christmas i noted that my wheel bolts were corroded and all rusty so i ordered up a set of polarised wheel bolts i got these last night and got so excited i fitted them straight away the im really pleased with them
image_zpsjotwahkt.jpg
also i had blacked my front badge a while ago as a temp measure so i bought some black badge Covers for the front and rear on ebay these just adapt over your existing badges so i stripped the paint back to the chrome sadly i dont have picture of these on the car im silly iphone wint let me take anymore pictures but here is one before the front one went on
image_zpshz6hrzcd.jpg
also i managed to get my pollen filter out to check i had a recent service with renault back in novemeber and it didnt come up so i thought ill just do a check it needed changing and it looked like the orignal one from when the car was new in 2010 so a quick call to renault wolvo and it was sorted top service from the guys there as always :) more soon Terry

Love it! Still needs a cup spoiler though :D

If these didnt have bad gearboxes and didnt get such bad MPG I would work on my 4 days off and save to get one.

Clio 200 full fat
well you say that joe ive been filling up with super since christmas and ive been getting between 30-34mpg one day i did get 38 once lol depending on finances i might get a sprint spoiler the k-tec but i will see at the moment i have to sort my savings out lol

When I stuck mine on cruise at 56mph I got a 51.8mpg average once :D

With general driving and thrashes its rare if I get below 37-38. Without cruise if I just drove like a normal person 40 is very easy.

Clio 200 full fat
yeah on average mine does about 30-32 mpg doing around 60 on motoraways if im not being silly if i go 40-50 i can get about 34-35 mpg which isn't bad considering haha

I wonder why the consumption is that much worse. I know the ratios are shorter and theres a bit more weight but still!
Mines not exactly a featherweight being a non cup 172.

Clio 200 full fat
Finally got a decent memory phone this weekend so here are a few pictures of how the car is as of today with the badges and new wheel bolts
FE3D814F-6B51-4FAF-91EB-1CD1C8474EDB_zpsj69av75j.jpg
A935036B-B5BC-4227-A7A4-4B706BEECD96_zpsroswav6t.jpg

80AB774C-C2AE-4E9F-8E15-F517AF9B5E68_zpsg254fkzy.jpg
2AF50642-ADF0-48B7-A3D2-062846D4CE5F_zpsu6eqrfgp.jpg

Clio 200 full fat
Another week a few more bits to update on took my cousins Clio in to work this week for a few bits and pieces to do on it whilst it was in I collected some parts from Renault round the corner from work basically last year when I wrapped the door pillars I put a very small dent in one so I replaced that and got some new arch clips also got a new rear wiper sadly no pictures for these how ever
I was looking for a whiter look for my headlights I had Phipps xtreme visions in them good but I wanted it white so I got some Osram night breakers in with some led sidelights I'm really pleased with them now they look a lot better
E9501C0A-F63C-4CAD-915E-73E8F36A07EC_zpsctwtxhfd.jpg
78F88725-51BF-445A-A035-876174040B91_zpswud4k2sg.jpg
the lights don't look best there but in the flesh they really are next was the big stuff last month I booked the Clio to get all 4 wheels powder coated and repainted in oem cup chassis colour as mine where pealing and the laquer was rubbish so yesterday I went to see the guys at ultimate alloys in wickford I was so impressed with them
6B98682B-68ED-4A06-AB9D-203FB33296FC_zpsos8f3bc9.jpg
one of the alloys cooling down before tyres are refitted and balanced
288A8D35-1CAC-4380-81AF-923C5319FF18_zpspmci6wo3.jpg
the finished product after yesterday I also had the car booked with chips away nothing major on the car it's just there was a slight mark on the rear bumper it's always been there but I thought I might aswell get it done
B608E996-E56B-4720-A3AF-D79022EB70C0_zpsrnu42nuv.jpg
looks spot on more soon

Clio 200 full fat
So bit of a update here the other week I ran in to a bit of a diaster when it come to my rear callipers all the paint was peeling off of them and it really bugged me so I set about painting them tbh when they was still wet they looked ok but the pint just would not settle it turned out rubbish
22099969-2BD9-451C-BDAF-F0D08CF0CE5E_zpsss4xzdn5.jpg
that picture was taking during but I decided to grease the pads while I was there I'm glad I did as when I pulled the calipers of one was seized and the other the seal had spilt so I planned on rebuilding them but as I needed the car as my daily I decided to get a pair already rebuilt while this was going on thought I will put a fresh set of pads on the car as the old ones where the original set from 2010 I always got in touch with opie oils and bought some gearbox oil to change as well I went for Fuchs Titan
484E5C8C-EBD2-4AF6-8B28-4653C0DF3E91_zpsadqhedv1.jpg
late Wednesday night I took the car over to my friends so we could set about putting the new callipers on fresh pads and gearbox oil sadly no pictures on the oil from the box however it was ok no metal in there or any crap I know the 3rd gear had been fixed in my car before I bought it as its common on 197/200's but I wanted the box oil changed for peace of mind and to improve the feel from the box I've only driven the car 20miles since I did this but my word it feels a lot better to compare it to before it's like the old oil was glue sticky to get in to gears early on but now it's easy to use on cold start slips straight in to gear and from 3rd upwards light to change aswell :) defiantly recommend changing it to anyone as for my rebuilt callipers there was a few little marks i touched up on them overall they are good condition but I'm kind of ocd opinions on these guys would be great I think they look good I just think I want that brand new look anyways here are shots of the new callipers on the car and some pictures after I clayed snow foamed and waxed him today
0895604F-5153-4975-A279-720DB5978AA6_zpszymhextu.jpg
D0F7C39B-0E68-4AF7-A3DC-304C47AFA8E7_zpsuh4tisd7.jpg
4471FC72-5F3A-407F-BE7E-950AC73050BE_zpsgjuin9hd.jpg
9E06349B-81FC-4978-9733-722265A745B4_zpsogl4oat7.jpg