ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test drivng a 182!!

A white and black one
Ok so i went to my local renault dealer looking for brochures on the renault sport selection and ended up booking a test drive in a RB 182 this week. What should i expect performance wise and handling, considering i am driving a 1.2 16v at the current time.

Cheers

Nick J

I am/was in your position, my other car is a clio 1.2. Like yourself, I was a bit anxious as to what a 182 would be like.

All I can say is, imagine going around corners without falling out of the seat! Thats one of the main reasons why I love the 182! You can feel that theres so much more power than the 1.2 (obviously!), but I mean just driving around normally, and SLIGHTLY pressing the throttle, you can feel that the powers there.

It isnt scarrily fast. But then you are test driving it, so I doubt you will be redlining it everywhere!

Mk2 172
Ok so i went to my local renault dealer looking for brochures on the renault sport selection and ended up booking a test drive in a RB 182 this week. What should i expect performance wise and handling, considering i am driving a 1.2 16v at the current time.

Cheers

Nick J

Easy way to describe.
Im assuming you know what day is like and night is like.
Thats it basically the difference :)
Enjoy it!

none :(
the 5k is addictive lol

i found the steering more heavier, and it pulled better in lower gears as you would expect lol.

dont suppose you know the reg do you as i sold my rb around that area. might be the same one lol

Shed.
Nothing to worry about, obviously theres guna be a big jump in power from the 75 we both have under our bonnet. But they arent exactly fast cars so i wouldnt worry about it. Should get a little kick out of it when you drive it.

A white and black one
Won't be redlining everywhere but i'll attempt to give it some, see what it can do. I went in to look at a 197 but ended up booking a test drive with a 182 for some strange reason.

Be prepaired when you get to 5000rpm for it to take off

lol, would a dealer even let you take it that far?
I test drove a 172 cup, and to be fair, the dealer did try to let me have a play, and actually said it was a shame to be stuck behind a truck on this nice straight road!

One thing you may or not notice, the steering lock is far worse! I have trouble bay parking in my 182! Compared to my 1.2 its much more difficult, I often find im 3 point turning into a space!

none :(
not mine then, mine was 54reg

the 182 is better than the 197 anyway lol

but definatley try and get the 5k kick if you can

A white and black one
I'll have a go, i'll take a few pictures aswell and see if its anyone's old one off here

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
lol, would a dealer even let you take it that far?
I test drove a 172 cup, and to be fair, the dealer did try to let me have a play, and actually said it was a shame to be stuck behind a truck on this nice straight road!

One thing you may or not notice, the steering lock is far worse! I have trouble bay parking in my 182! Compared to my 1.2 its much more difficult, I often find im 3 point turning into a space!

All the RS clios i have test driven the dealerships let me give the car some beans, especially the long B road blast i took a 197 out on.

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
I test drove (and bought) a 182 on saturday. The salesman gave me the keys and let me have a play on my own... and play I did. Got out of the car with a silly grin on my face.

First thing I noticed was how stiff the clutch felt. But once you start changing gears fast, it makes sense and works really well. Brakes were dodgy (found out at 90mph up a slip road - OH SH*****T!) but the car had been stood so probably glazed over a bit, be careful with this!

You WILL love it. Cant believe how much fun I had in 20mins.

I was a bit nervous because i only had a 1.2 before mine, the clutch is a lot heavier, and its alot faster lol.

Lets just say you will be smiling threw out the drive.

Yeh the clutch is a lot better. Its much 'quicker' (yeh I dont know much about mechanics!) and a lot easier to use when your having fun! :)

RENAULTSPORT 182
I've had my 182 for 5 months coming from a 1.4, you will love it.

Best money i have ever spent on a car......

Love it when someone comes up my arse, away, I'm off, great fun

Black Gold Trophy
it will use a bit more petrol...only joking, but make sure you get to drive it the way you want to, if you dont get to test the performance then you wont know whether its for you.

Im actually pretty surprised about the fuel ecomomy! I got about 400 miles per tank from my 1.2. Ive just finished my first tank in the 182, and got 335 miles from it! Granted I wasnt driving like a t@@t all the time, but still, Id gladly trade ~70 miles for an extra 130ish bhp!