ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test drove a 182 today

none :(
i traded my 1.2 in yesterday for a rb 182 - pick it up tuesday.

i thought it was quite nippy in low gears, but i couldnt really do much as it was rush hour, nice drive down the m6 is due tuesday aswell as some national speed limit roads

RB 182 FF
Car has done 40k, they are sorting a few cosmetic things for me.

I hope to take it to the ring in August as I go every year anyway.

Would a Fastchips upgrade and a ITG panel filter be sensible first mods as I dont really want to deviate too much from standard.

Second question if I want to wire new component speakers in how would I go about doing this including the new crossover?

Thanks Nick

RS Clio 182
Congrats and pleased you enjoyed the car after the second "proper" drive" ;) and a lovely sales lady as an optional extra .... what more could you want? :)

Trophy 007
Once it is warmed up, less the weight of another passenger, and then open it up and they really fly.

Saying that, i recently changed from a 182 to the Trophy and the Trophy is an absolute stonker, it bl***y flies!!!! Seems to have more grunt both above and below 5000rpm, it's an absolute riot

Trophy 007
You're hard to impress, hot hatches dont come much quicker than the 182 range. Yes, others have more torque lower down but they are as quick as anything when you're making progress into the 4000rm + zone.

Do try a few though

RB 182 FF
Thanks for the replies, yeah I am hard to impress and went around the car with a fine tooth combe today for the PDI. Found a few bits which they are fixing for me before I pick it up Thursday!

RB 182 FF
Hey well I picked up my motor over the weekend. I absolutely love the car spent most of the weekend aimlessly driving around in it. A few things need sorting to make it mint. Any1 know where I can get a set of speaker covers from for the doorcards? As the person before has hacked the original ones up to bodge in bigger speakers. A new tyre and some tracking and I will be a little happier.

Madhops when and where is the next meet.

Thanks Nick.

Will get some pics up soon.

Clio 182
Heh brawly I did exactly the same this weekend, just went for a randome drive... good thing is my artea in West Sussex ha a lot of open twisty backroads with not many people about and I gave it a good blast down there! WOuld be interested to see my 0-60 figures if I can find some way of recording them, I may try via a Sat-Nav application that works with my phone and see if that's accurate enough.