ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test drove the clio200 today - My thoughts

Porsche Boxster987S
Wheres my test drive FFS!!

£18k for AG paint, Speedlines and Recaro's!!! OOOOOOOOOFT!!

av no seen the AG paint but darren assures me its mint. However the recaros and speedlines are a MUST. They really hold you in through the corners lol!

Porsche Boxster987S
I was talkin myself into ordering one, 200cup, Recaro's (£850), Speedlines (£175), AG paint (£1200)

£2k Deposit, 36 monthly payments £441 = £17876

I walked lol

if am being honest mate. Id rather pay that money for something else. ie - r32 etc. For a clio is it worth all that money. Youll lose a lot cash as soon as you drive it away of course.

Porsche Boxster987S
way i look at it is this - Is the 200 really worth 10,000quid more than my 182??????????????????? -- No:nono:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
can you switch the gear change beep noise so it does not make a noise?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
oh that's a shame, it would most likely annoy me after a while.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Has anyone on here got a 197 and tried a 200 yet?

be interested if the engine feels different, as the 197 has a few annoying flatspots, the most pronouced at 3-4k in mine.........

Mondeo TDCI 130
Has anyone on here got a 197 and tried a 200 yet?

be interested if the engine feels different, as the 197 has a few annoying flatspots, the most pronouced at 3-4k in mine.........

You want a cup, and you know it!:evil:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
must resist tbh!!!!

We'd look even more gay with his (mine) and hers (yours ) ;)

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
im still not convinced about the 200, although to be fair im still not that taken my the 197 :p

182 all the way yay :D

3 MPS
the recaros look the part but they kill my back on long motorway drives that much that im not taking the 197 when im going down south for my holidays soon, lol, parks up ek had a black 200 , and i must admit its a grower on me, i like the diffuser and tail pipes and dunno if anyone has noticed but the 200 has big chunky wing mirrors now , dunno why they need them they look odd,

ps good rite up paul

378bhp Leon Cupra R
I saw the one that Paul test drove and TBH i think it looks the dugs nuts in the metal......but why do the only do the recaros with the dodgy yellow spots...maybe look ok in a LY but any other colours :dead: then the back seat is plain with white inserts on the headrests. the interior looks a mess TBH. Recaros £850 option.....full leather £900 option (this would be my choice)

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Yeah, i'd have leather to Craig!

You calmed doon yet fae friday nite ya FUD!! getting us flung oot the dancing ya D**K! then shouting F**K the polis at the top of your voice at about 10 of them....then stinking ma motor oot wae Kebab sauce....:rasp:

You made up wae danny yet ?? wit a pair of sweetie wifes TBH!! :lolup:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You calmed doon yet fae friday nite ya FUD!! getting us flung oot the dancing ya D**K! then shouting F**K the polis at the top of your voice at about 10 of them....then stinking ma motor oot wae Kebab sauce....:rasp:

You made up wae danny yet ?? wit a pair of sweetie wifes TBH!! :lolup:

loller.

We had a slow dance at that wedding last night, he breaks toes so gently flol!

378bhp Leon Cupra R
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

G4Z u not stared a new thread yet in the Wanted Section
"
KIDNEY & LIVER WANTED" after the weekend you have had PMSL!!! ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I saw the one that Paul test drove and TBH i think it looks the dugs nuts in the metal......but why do the only do the recaros with the dodgy yellow spots...maybe look ok in a LY but any other colours :dead: then the back seat is plain with white inserts on the headrests. the interior looks a mess TBH. Recaros £850 option.....full leather £900 option (this would be my choice)

Dont think you can leather the Recaros?, they'll be the standard seats (which are very good btw)

Renaultsport 200
Well i made the trip over to the local stealers today to see what all the fuss is with these. Having seen a lot of pics of them on here in white / green / LY i really really didnt fancy it at all. However its safe to say that pics do these cars NO justice so far from the ones ive seen anyway. Ill try and break it down as i seen the car / how it drove / options.

First impressions - I was very surprised and just how much better it looked than from any pics. The car in question was in GW with the 17'' satin black speedlines , recaros , heated/folding mirrors. It looked fantastic. Outside it looked a solid wee car and was very eye catching. The rear of the car looks far better than the 197 even with the ''fake'' tailpipes and all the lines of the car worked and flowed well with the colour. The interior was a VERY nice place to be. In comparison to the 182 it looks and feels much much more solid and better built and more spacious. The recaro seats with the yellow detailing looked awesome and felt very secure and the dials looked alot more modern with the rev counter in yellow.
HOWEVER , the front end - From the pics i thought it looked shocking!! In the metal - it still doesnt look great at all. The lines around the headlights look out of place and the black defuser/mini scooby spolier under the number plate looked silly. Softend the whole front end up:( The headlights too were far too rounded and bubbly which was made worse by the lack of option for xenons:(

The Drive - Within almost 5 seconds of touching the accelarator (i know they need a few miles on the clock to loosen up) i felt disappointed. IT seemed lifeless and lazy and almost like it had NO pull.:S But things changed to say the least , after being allowed to ''open'' it up on the B road. The power delivery between my 182 and this car is VERY different. The 182 packs a punch as soon as you nail the right hand pedal but this never came to life until between 4-5k revs. It felt effortless in comparison to my car and although it didnt feel as quick it certainly was. Is it as exciting to drive as the 182????? - NO. Doesnt it feel safer , as quick and need to be revved to bring it to life??? -YES.
The handling of the car is what shocked me most. The thing was PLANTED with very little body roll. I gave it some stick going into a couple of the bends and the grip just felt endless. There was never a chance of it sliding or understeering/oversteering and the seats held you in firmly!:approve: The stopping power from the Brembos was insane!!! The car felt like it stood on its from plate when i hit the pedal (hi darren:eek:)

Overall impressions compared to the 182- The 200 is definitly a far better built car , has a much nicer interior , feels more grown up and handles like a dream. However , the 182 feels a better ''drive'' where you really need to focus when giving it the beans and feels far more exciting to drive. Of course that will probably change with a 200 thats well broken in. The 182 still looks better imo and has more ''character''. Overall im very impressed with the new clio and will be going back on Saturday for a longer drive.

So...its exactly the same as a 197 then but with a worse front end and better rear end.

Everything you said about the power delivery reminds me of my 197. The 200 was supposed to have extra grunt low down.

Also having only been in the car 5 seconds im not suprised you thought it was slow. It would have been cold and you may have been in the wrong gear?

Your post has confirmed my suspicions though. Its a 197 with a broken nose and a Sat Nav.

172cup
Your post has confirmed my suspicions though. Its a 197 with a broken nose and a Sat Nav.[/QUOTE]

How far away from the truth can you get?

b/g 182, meg tourer
the write-up was pretty much what i expected. i would rather have a 197 cup any day if i was to change my 182.

GTD, Lupo
Your post has confirmed my suspicions though. Its a 197 with a broken nose and a Sat Nav.

How far away from the truth can you get?[/QUOTE]

Didn't get sat nav with mine and it will out handle a 197 ummmm maybe just a little out but hey.

Paul

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
How far away from the truth can you get?

Didn't get sat nav with mine and it will out handle a 197 ummmm maybe just a little out but hey.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the most important mod is the 'nut' holding the wheel :quiet:

R53 Cooper S
Ive not driven a 197 but been out in 1 (alans) n he drove along the B road HARD so i do know what the r27 is capable of in terms of handling and speed. As i say i will be going back on saturday for a longer drive.

oooooooft!!

drivin like a pair a jessies tbh...:rasp:

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Dont think you can leather the Recaros?, they'll be the standard seats (which are very good btw)

i know it wouldn't be the Recaros in leather which wouldn,t bother with me because what i heard on here there have been issues with the wear on the Recaros iirc.

GTD, Lupo

Paul

Don't forget the most important mod is the 'nut' holding the wheel :quiet:[/QUOTE]

Heheh

Should be ok in that department. :D

Paul

GTD, Lupo
i know it wouldn't be the Recaros in leather which wouldn,t bother with me because what i heard on here there have been issues with the wear on the Recaros iirc.

That's a good point About the wear. Went and looked at mine in the show room today and there is signs of wear already on the drivers bulster. Don't recon it will last more than a year. Might be checking the terms of the warrenty.

Porsche Boxster987S
lol i know about the engine not been run in or warmed up properly. Didnt excite me at all.

Deposit put down on an r32 yesterday so sack the 200:)