ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tethering speed help ??

Changes to often
im trying out tethering my phone via usb to my computer im getting a nice high speed of 11Mb/s shown here when i did a test, which for me is good as that more than double what i get through a normal internet connection lol

http://speedtest.net/result/2221076912.png

but when im actualy downloading anything im getting 1kB/s super super slow, anyone know a reason for this? and is there anything i need to do?

What you downloading exactly? If its a torrent then the FUP on TM probably says something about reducing speeds for it during peak hours / all the time. Another thing it could be is if you have gone over your fair use policy although the fact it's getting 11mb on a speedtest would say you haven't

Changes to often
i just tryed a normal speed test via ethernet cable and it was 4Mb/s lol, but i think in my phones case its getting throttled somewhere. not sure how to get round it.